1989 Toyota Camry - Door warning light on dash stays on - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
1st & 2nd Generation (19831986 & 1987-1991) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 1983-1986 & 1987-1991. Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-15-2006, 11:26 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2nd Generation 1989 Toyota Camry - Door warning light on dash stays on

Hello,

My car was stolen a week ago and was just recovered with the hood all smashed up. It was like someone just jumped on top of it and it was caved in to the point of pressing up against the engine. It was pretty strange because my car was running perfect when I picked it up at the tow yard and then when I got home I took a look under the hood and then closed it but forced it closed so it would lock in. Somehow the alternator fuse was blown because of that so I had to replace it.

I noticed that the warning light on the dash for my door being open was on even though my car was off and all doors were closed. I checked all doors and they were all closed so everything looked fine but the warning light was still on. No clue what to do at this point other than bring it into a shop to have them take a look at it. I would imagine I could remove the dash display fuse but I have no idea where that is and the owners manual is long gone.

Does anyone have the fuse box location of where that fuse is? I know it isn't under the hood, at least none of those looked like the right fuse and I am not sure where the other fuse locations are in the vehicle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Official TN Member

uh... i think its the 7.5 amp gauge fuse. its by the kickpanel.

Last edited by foompla; 05-15-2006 at 11:32 PM.
#3 Old 05-16-2006, 12:13 AM
VeeZed

Taking the DASH fuse out won't "fix" the problem of the door triggeres not working...
Check all of the door switches for a broken contact. There easy to check remove (1 10mm bolt i think). Also, check the boot latch/switch also. Failing that, its possible that maybe when it was stolen, they hotwired it from underneath the dash?? and broke the door sensing wires. Just have a look.

1988 Toyota Camry 2VZ-FE E153
1972 Ford Mustang Sprint "F" 351C-2V 4SPD
1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 "Q" 383C-4V FMX
#4 Old 05-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Official TN Member

dash fuse. thanks. ^^^thats what i meant to say. its a pain in the butt circuit is what it is.
#5 Old 05-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Move selector on your dome light to the door positon and close all doors. If the door indicator and dome light are still on, the possible prblems may include:
door lock key switch;
ignition lock illumination circuit (assuming you have LE model)
door switch.
If only dome light goes out, open the trunk and disconnect and insulate a wire from trunk lock switch. If open door indicator goes out, then the lock switch needs to be adjusted. If indicator stays on, then a short to the ground in the trunk compartment lamp and switch circuit causes door indicator to be on.
#6 Old 08-17-2006, 06:30 AM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor J
Move selector on your dome light to the door positon and close all doors. If the door indicator and dome light are still on, the possible prblems may include:
door lock key switch;
ignition lock illumination circuit (assuming you have LE model)
door switch.
If only dome light goes out, open the trunk and disconnect and insulate a wire from trunk lock switch. If open door indicator goes out, then the lock switch needs to be adjusted. If indicator stays on, then a short to the ground in the trunk compartment lamp and switch circuit causes door indicator to be on.

That last sentance.. lamp and switch circuit?? in the actual door? or some where under the dash? I had the same problem before and cleaned the door switches the problem went away, but i'm thinking that the problem might have been a short. My car will not start or anything now, all fuses are good, checked with a fuse tester.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 1st & 2nd Generation (19831986 & 1987-1991)