Toyota Nation Forum banner

Fender flares or modded fender lip

972 views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  JMunn55 
#1 ·
Has anyone put on fender flares at the very edge of the fender lip so that they hang down and cover the tires a bit? Or extended the actual lip itself down lower? Would like to see some pics of it done. A wide body style would also be interesting to see.
I have to do some rust repair on my rear fenders anyway so I was thinking of doing one or the other. It would allow the body of the car to hug the tires, without lowering the suspension beyond a normal amount. I have no plans to lower, just like the look of lower fenders
I took this pic after I parked on a hill. I would extend the fenders a bit, probably not this much, and keep in mind I'm not lowering it

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
if anything, i would work on the fronts first, since they sit at least 1" higher then the rears. lengthening the rears lower than the fronts makes the car look broken with a reverse rake.

i have the same tow hitch and i hate it, i scrape on a lot of small inclines and most curbs backing in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.