Toyota Nation Forum banner

Piezo buzzer on a Gen4.5?

4K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  Kingdom934 
#1 ·
Hey All,

Quick questions, does anyone know where the Piezo buzzer is located on a 00-01 dealer install? The 97-99 had it by the brake booster.

#2 ·
heck, i dunno even know where mine is on the 06. if it's not visible, maybe you can use a steth to track it down? wonder if you called the local toyota dealer repair section would they know?
tony

#4 ·
The one for the alarm is on the passenger side under the hood near the firewall.
The one for the key reminder chime is inside the instrument cluster.
The beeper for the unlock/lock of the wireless remote is in the passenger side fender above the windshield washer tank.

Wow you know all the Piezo buzzers. I should had clarify lol. It's for the dealer installed VIP RS3200.

I'll try look for the passenger side fender. I gotta rip things out from the junkyard car assuming it's still there next week :(

Sidenote, RS3000 and RS3200 is not cross compatible (dealer installed ones w/ the security panel). almost all the connectors plug and play in the RS3200 into a 1998 Camry (Rs3000) but the main connector is totally different and there is 2x more wires...should make a thread on that just as a FYI for future reference.

#3 ·
The one for the alarm is on the passenger side under the hood near the firewall.
The one for the key reminder chime is inside the instrument cluster.
The beeper for the unlock/lock of the wireless remote is in the passenger side fender above the windshield washer tank.

#5 · (Edited)
Is it the "beep, beep" when unlocking driver door, beep x4 when unlocking all four, one beep when locking doors from key fob? If so I have the 00-01 camry. It's behind the passenger signal harness. Heres my thread http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...000-camry-keyless-entry-no-beep-location.html
I have mine working now but it's small compared to other newer models and not as loud to the Lexus and newer camrys. Some threads state you can wire any 12 volt piezo.

#6 ·
Yike sorry to hear someone smashed into your car. Thanks for the information, it will help me.

Yep, it's the beep that when you hear if you lock or unlock the car.

I might try get it from the parts car if it is still there just cause I ripped out the RS3200. I tried to look on if it was possible to rewire the RS3200 to fit a RS3000 car, but no way I'm doing that lol. Just going to try get a RS3000 from another Camry and the associated remotes with it.

#8 ·
any chance you can post some pics of the installed system? I have the dealer installed RS3200 (I believe). it has the glass break mike and red LED by the dimmer switch. id like to remove mine and put back to stock one of these days. I was under the dash a year or so ago installing remote start so unplugged and plugged things back in. the thing must have reset as it would auto lock my car 15 seconds after closing the doors, very annoying. dug out the stock pamphlets and read up on the V.I.P. system (the windows say so), finally got that function turned off. just want to tear it out but cant find any install location instructions. thanks in advance.

#9 · (Edited)
@;

The auto door lock is a function Ive hoped for along with the blinking led, except my basic keyless entry dosent have, never found at junkyard. I have heard that you can just remove box. It's a black box about 3x4in I think. Here is some info that might help. By the way I bet that remote start is awesome for winter :)

"RS3200:

- Intended for cars without factory keyless entry receiver installed

- Single ECU Module which installs in driver's kick panel area

- ECU includes built-in keyless entry receiver

- Installation kit/wiring harness includes Piezo buzzer that installs under hood to produce beeping confirmation tones for arm/disarm

- Some wire splicing required for installtion

RS 3200 Plus:

- Intended for cars with factory keyless entry receiver installed

- Two separate ECU Modules

- main control module in driver's kick panel area

- glass-break sensor ECU module hidden behind glove box in passenger kick panel area

- Will not work properly without factory keyless entry receiver installed

- No piezo buzzer included with installation kit/wiring harness*

- No wire splicing required for installation**

* In some very rare cases, certain cars had the piezo buzzer installed as part of the keyless entry package. Most of the time, it's not there. It has no effect on the function of the RS3200+ whether this is present or not."

Hope it helps

#11 ·
some pics would be very nice. matter of fact, I just had to replace the battery today. so guess what happened..... auto lock after 15 seconds. I have the factory installed remote keyless. the auto start is stand alone with its own remote. I'm assuming that the RS3xxx model I have comes with a "jumper" harness that goes between the factory connectors and integrates the RSrxxx modules to the factory wiring. well I know it does, I recall several sharpie marks and what not on some connectors and some connectors were moved. I have no problem ripping out the radio and all that, just had to to replace some of the illumination bulbs. if I can get this RS3xxx system out, id be willing to make a deal if anyone wants it. I have all the factory guides/pamphlets and what not.

#13 · (Edited)
THAT link above is helpful, for those looking for the RS3200 installation, that will help. Mines are kind of a mess, but that is what happens when you work in a dirt junk yard, random bi-polar weather, and in the sun.

EDIT: my image hosting site (photobucket) is having issues all throughout today and I'm having difficulties uploading or even accessing their site. going to try again later...

#15 ·
I would recommend labeling the connectgors with numbers as how in the link above that Beta had and take pics. It's straight forward but if you'd like to document it many people here would love that. Also, you probably could sell it as well.

Photobucket still is having issues, so I can't upload anything still :(

Reactions: betaerror
#16 ·
Okay here's some of the pictures. These are both 'dealer installed' as there is a security panel.

RS3200+ (I guess this was with the 'Plus'. Maybe thats why it's so more much harness. This came out from a 2001 Camry LE V6 J-Vin. Options included JBL audio, Alloys, and Spoiler.

RS3000. Came out from a 1998 Camry LE I4 J-vin.

Now to compare the RS3000 to the RS3200+.

Some of the disassembling of the RS3200+ from the 2001 Camry. I don't have it in order, it was difficult to take this out with the weather being bi-polar.

Connectors behind the panel, this is the connector for the 'SECURITY'.

Main connector that plugs into the fuse/BCM box?

Remove the lower metal panel (?) not sure what it is called. Held on with a couple of bolts.

Once removed, you will see this.

Underneath where the ignition switch (key) is located. It has this plastic wire tubing that goes towards the center of the dash.

Removing the tubing reveals this.

Removing the black tape to see where things go.

See the tubing. You can also see the JBL By-pass connector ther was well.

#17 · (Edited)
You can see from the left side to the right the plastic tubing.

Now lets move to the passenger side. Lower the plastic part. It should snap off I think.

Remove glove compartment. Some screws. One is hiding under the plastic junction cover.

Once it is remove, get into position by twisting your neck...jk. Try to look UNDERNEATH the dash. You'll see the 'YELLOW' connector. THIS IS THE AIRBAGS! You'll also see the two box. One box shows 'THEFT WARNING' and the other one is just labeled SERIAL NO. The one with the 'SERIAL NO' is screwed on with the 1 nut. The other one with THEFT WARNING has two screws (not picture below for removal)

Remove this gold nut to drop one of the RS3200+ box. There's another one (not pictured) to remove the 'THEFT WARNING' box. Two screws IIRC.

This is where it came from for reference point.

Now after fishing the cables to the other size, it's time to disconnect everything from the driver side.

I think this needs to cut.

These two plugs in here.

More disconnects at the fuse/BCM box.

This connector goes to the DOME light IIRC. I traced the wire to the DOME light (red wire side)

Unplug this one

There are some wire taps.

removed

More connectors beneath the BCM/Fusebox.

More Wire taps into factory car harness.

I hope to try rip out another RS3000 (not RS3200, they do not fit the older 1997-1998 (and 1999 I think) Camry.

#23 ·
Photobucket been really sketchy lately. It's making me a bit mad lol

Thanks for the pictures. I was looking for something totally different (thinking Pre-2000 models). Didn't know it looked like that.

Went to the junkyard and didn't find any cars with the RS3000 :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.