Hi you all!
I am so happy
Yesterday i park my car for 5 minutes.
After i start my car the engine light came up.
The engine sounds okay but had no power and i drive with a s/c, so my conclusion was the knocksensor. I drive slowly to the Toyota workshop.
They read out the computer: P0330 - knock sensor 2 circuit malfunction bank 2
They reset the computer.
After 5 minutes the light came on again.
So i searched this forum and i think i have 3 options:
- Replace the sensor with a new one.
- Connect the wires of sensor 2 with the wires of sensor 1.
- Connect a new sensor on a metal part (ground) and connect it with the wires of sensor 2
1. Are these all my options and what can i do best?
2. What is the change i kill sensor 1? (I go on vaction to italie with this car, you don't believe it, but the don't have many Toyota's (workshops)
3. What is the risk i kill a new sensor?
4. i read somewhere that GM sensors are stronger:
-Is that true
-How long will they live when i replace the sensors with GM's
-What is the part number?
-Will it fit or must i modificate it?
5. Is is possible to drive without sensors?
- how high is the risk i kill my engine
- How do i disable the sensors without engine lite on.
6.Why superchargers kill the knock sensors?
7.When i replace the sensors they must lift the S/C. I think that is the moment to replace the water hose, sparkplugs,adjust the valves, but also maintaine the S/C.
-What parts do i need to maintain the S/C and where can i find it?
-Are there are parts i also must replace?
Thanks for all your answers!