Power window, goes down but won't go up... - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001)

3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 1992-1996 & 1997-2001 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View toyzota's Photo Gallery
3rd Generation Power window, goes down but won't go up...

Hey everyone,
Well it's that time of year where it's too cold to turn on the a/c but too warm to leave the heat on... So I rolled down my windows today and encountered a small issue. My driver's side rear window will do down but won't go up. When I push the switch at the door itself, I can hear the motor force down, but when I pull up: nothing. Also, the button for that window at the master switch doesn't work. I tried pouring alcohol on both the master switch and the switch at the faulty door, I also tried changing the switch at the faulty door, but I still had the same issue: down, but no up. Before I go ahead and take out the door panel for the driver's door to change the master switch(which I have lying around: remnants from a part out of my dad's 91 camry) does anyone have a solution for this issue? I simply want to get the window up so I can actually get to work monday morning....
toyzota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

View toyzota's Photo Gallery
I REALLY need this window up by tommorow.... how would I go about reversing the polarity myself on the motor. I tried simply reversing the wires at the motor with no success...
toyzota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View Simpler=Better's Photo Gallery
Remove the door panel and run power straight from the battery to the window regulator's motor. Be careful though, as you can burn stuff up if you continue to give it power after it is all the way up or down.

If all else fails, you can remove the regulator and use some paracord or mechanic's wire to tie it in the 'up' position. My passenger's window is currently in the up position using this method. The paracord/wire is hidden by the door's molding, and no one is the wiser(Until the try to open the window of course:P)

My guess is that your switch needs to be tested/disassembled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001)