Toyota Camry gen 4 Wet Floor - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 1992-1996 & 1997-2001 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-16-2009, 10:52 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
4th Generation Toyota Camry gen 4 Wet Floor

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the rear right footwell on my camry was soaking wet(after it ruined a $60 textbook). I checked the a/c condenser line and it was clean. I checked the sunroof lines by pouring water from a squirt bottle into each of the four corners of the rails and water came out the respective hoses. I pulled up the floor and checked the body plugs, cleaning them and then replacing them. After I replaced them, i put silicone sealant around the edges of both the front and rear passenger body plugs. Today, I find the same problem after its been raining for awhile, the right rear footwell is soaked and the water has started to creep up a few inches into the front passenger footwell.

I'm out of ideas, Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-17-2009, 01:24 AM
all my heros are evil

Have you checkd around the windsheild for leaks at all? Had a big leak on my jeep that you couldn't tell it was there until it was raining and water was seeping in.

Good luck
#3 Old 06-19-2009, 08:19 AM
New TN User

I had a friend who had the same problem... the drains which leads the water from the roof of the car and to the bottom (over the tires)... that drain was blocked so all the water that was suppose to be drained on to the road was seeping into the right passenger side floor.

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001)