A good parts cross reference? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
3rd & 4th Generation (1992–1996 & 1997–2001) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 1992-1996 & 1997-2001 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Question A good parts cross reference?

What is a good website I can use to determine Toyota parts cross-referencing?

For instance, I have a faulty 90910-12074 (egr VSV switch) on our '95 Camry v6(1MZFE) and want to head out to a wrecker for a sub.

I understand that this part, like many, is common to many other Toyota cars and trucks. But which other models and years of Toyotas does it apply to? The engine itself was manufactured for a good span of years ..but with changes that may have excluded the specific component type.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-04-2010, 06:27 PM
抵抗は無駄です

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
I usually use www.toyotapartsoutlet.com for this (click the OEM parts banner).

there might be other dealers showing such info on their websites.

once you input the part number into their search field it will display hits from 3 catalogs: mechanical (should list all applications in various models and years), collision (hell knows what that is for) and OEM as last one.

give it a try might work.

unfortunately, the only hit for your part number is the OEM catalog and no other info

'02 Solara SLE V6 1MZ-FE/A541E@ 142k
'00 Solara SE 5S-FE/A140E @ 92k

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
items For Sale
#3 Old 10-04-2010, 06:53 PM
I wrench, therefore I am!

There are several online dealer sites (I think ones that use Trademotion) where the system returns a listing of applications when you search by part number. Google "toyota discount parts" and check out several of the deaalers.
#4 Old 10-04-2010, 07:36 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
That's my point ..any that I've checked out online - including those who use Trademotion - either don't provide a part for that number (obsolete?) or only describe the part and price for that dealer -- no cross-model applications.

I called the local dealers and they won't tell me the cross-model apps, except one friendly clerk who said that the part is used in Lexus and Camry (among others) and is more expensive for the Lexus buy ..go figure. The trick is to figure out which part prices apply to which models

So far, it's been a tad easier doing some sort of cross-referencing for that (used) part on eBay

Last edited by daler; 10-04-2010 at 07:41 PM.
#5 Old 10-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I wrench, therefore I am!

I just did the google I told you. The first one is [ discounttoyotaparts.com ]. Click on catalogs, and search the P/N. The list will include some model specific apps., and some engine/year apps. Not perfect, but not "nothing." If you want better, you may have to ask the dismantlers you frequent what Hollander shows, if it's listed.
#6 Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedL View Post
I just did the google I told you. The first one is [ discounttoyotaparts.com ]. Click on catalogs, and search the P/N. The list will include some model specific apps., and some engine/year apps. Not perfect, but not "nothing." If you want better, you may have to ask the dismantlers you frequent what Hollander shows, if it's listed.

yes, I did what you suggested and all I got back was the part name associated with the number. Your example deals in only Toyota & Lexus (& Scion) and it makes refs at the beginning of the part search ...but returns with no years -- or models -- covered by the part. So, I don't know where you are getting the more detailed info from

For my example, I'm tending to think a little more macro here: narrowing it down to the specific engine model ..but then there are exceptions there too.

This exercise may be a moot point in my case as the availability of use Toyota parts that involve a v6 (1MZEF) is skimpy hereabouts anyway.

Thanks for your suggestions nonetheless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 3rd & 4th Generation (1992–1996 & 1997–2001)