EFI fuse problem - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001)

3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 1992-1996 & 1997-2001 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View deejayphilo's Photo Gallery
EFI fuse problem

Any idea why my car keep popping the EFI fuse. I thought I put the wrong ampere but nope I got the right one 15 amp...as soon as I put it pop right after I switch the ignition. Before it works when when I change the fuse but now it keep popping as soon as I change it and switch it on.
deejayphilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Do you feel lucky?

Gameroom cash: $1002136550
Thanked 4,586 Times in 3,202 Posts
Lifetime Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
View TrailDust's Photo Gallery
This is a common issue with Toyotas, and here's a past thread that discusses it. The EFI fuse often blows because there is a short to ground in the red/white wire that supplies power to the injectors and the O2 sensors as well as a lot of other components. Check the B+ terminal to see if it's shorted to ground. Disconnect the battery and use an ohm meter between the B+ terminal and body ground.

BTW, you may also want to do a Google search for "efi fuse blowing" and it'll turn up lots of information. Good luck!

2008 Highlander Base 4WD
2002 Avalon XL
1987 Suzuki Samurai 4X4 - Treading where no Jeep can follow....
TrailDust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Yah i check the grounded i even added some grounds maybe it might help but still blowing fuses after fuses.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Domesticon Prime

Gameroom cash: $450700
Garage
View Silent Runner's Photo Gallery
+1 On the wiring harness for your fuel injectors. I've had it happen myself. It may start out just blowing the fuse randomly, but as the point it is occassionaly touching and shorting at gets more worn, at some point it will just weld itself closed. Could be happening anywhere on the harness or even inside it.

93' LE V-6, Leather Interior, Rmt. Locking, Avalon Inter. Lighting, Depo Clears with HID proj., 2001 JBL Sound, Whiteline RSB, FSB, Twin piston front calipers, ES300 rear discs, Phantom Supercharged!
Silent Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Official TN Member

I will remove the injector wires maybe splice the whole wire and get a new set from my spare camry engine here and see if it is the same....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001)