OBD2 Readiness Monitor Drive Cycles - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 1992-1996 & 1997-2001 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-30-2011, 05:10 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
OBD2 Readiness Monitor Drive Cycles

Does anyone know how many drive cycles it takes for to obtain a OBD2 Readiness for vehicle inspection? 2001 Toyota Camry 2.2. Ii have driven over 400 miles of highway/ city driving combo and evap monitor is still showing "not ready". There are no fault codes and cel is not on.
Thanks ahead of time!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-30-2011, 06:08 AM
New TN User

As a general rule of thumb most OBD II readiness cycles will complete after 30 minutes city stop n go driving along with 30 minutes of highway driving. A cold soak is sometimes required. (Allow engine to cool down completely. At worst case leave it overnight).

There is something causing your evap test to not pass. Usually a leak. I know you said you don't have any fault codes but do you have any pending codes? That could indicate a more specific evap problem.

You will find all kinds of info about drive readiness cycles and most of it is misleading. I've heard everything from 30 minutes of mixed driving to 500 miles and 50 drive cycles(engine starts from cold).
Most manufacturers have similar but different details of the computer algorithms that their readiness tests follow.

I'm sure one of the gurus here has Toyota's test sequence.

I know here in Georgia for a 2001 vehicle you are allowed to have 1 readiness monitor not finished and still be able to get the emissions test. I think a lot of other states are similar. Not sure about Mass.

I'm new to the camry myself. I've been a Jeep man for most of my experience till the price of gas caused me to join the Toyota crowd. And I love my new/old 1995 camry!

Best of luck!

EDIT...... Just found a detailed Toyota bulletin for the drive cycle http://home.comcast.net/~dntsdad//TS..._(revised).pdf

Last edited by rebuilder; 08-30-2011 at 06:31 AM.
#3 Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 AM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for replying to my thread. There are no pending codes either. I looked it up and Massachusetts also allows one monitor to show " not ready" when tested so I guess I should pass inspection ok. I will check the OBD2 with my handheld before I drive into the inspection station and say a prayer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 3rd & 4th Generation (19921996 & 19972001)