hehe that was a good summary. You're welcome.
I'd recommend in addition to the list, to replace:
- Idler pulley and tensioner pulley. You can buy a "timing component kit" with the timing belt and two pulleys.
- Oil seals (they can be hard to remove)
- NGK Iridium-IX plugs
- If your engine is a waste spark system, there are 3 coils (front bank) and 3 wires (rear bank).
- Radiator and heater hoses, thermostat, and radiator cap
- Check/clean the idle air control valve
- As far as valve stem seals I'd recommend Fel-Pro in the US, not sure what Aus has
- Change ATF and drop the pan to replace the strainer. make sure to drain the differential too.
A sample list of a typical timing belt job parts:
GATES K060407 Micro-V AT AC/Alt Belt $9.57
GATES K040347 Micro-V AT Power Steering Belt $10.79
STANT 48128 180° w/Jiggle Pin OE Type Thermostat $15.34
FEL-PRO TCS45889 Camshaft Front Seal $7.50
FEL-PRO TCS45890 Crankshaft Front Seal Set $5.46
GATES TCK257 (1 Belt, 1 Tensioner, 1 Idler) Timing Belt Component Kit $67.79
*Optional* ACDELCO T43096 Hydraulic Timing Belt Actuator $43.79
FEL-PRO VS50471R Valve Cover Gasket Set w/Spark plug tube seals $19.45
AISIN WPT057 Water Pump $57.79
Subtotal $193.69-239.83 (before 5% discount, depending on optional hydraulic tensioner)
Shipping (US domestic) about $20
Things on my check list are as follows:
-2x Rocker Cover Gaskets (front & rear)
-1x Manifold Gasket (Upper)
-2x O2 Sensors (front and rear)
-6x NGK Laser Platinums (or would you recommend Iridium-IX?)
-6x Spark Plug Leads
-1x Water Pump
-1x Timing Belt
-1x Coolant Reservoir
-1x Fuel Filter
As Well As:
-Resealing the Semi-Circuler Plugs
-PCV Valve and Grommet
-Clean the Throttle Body
-Water By-Pass Hose?