Toyota Nation Forum banner

98 camry radiator support

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Trioxide1 
#1 ·
Had an accident a couple wks ago, hit.a pole and damage was dead center. Ive already ordered and received a new front bumper reinforcement, upper reinfprcement or bumper support, absorber that fits inside bumper cover, bumper cover/grille, radiator support, radiator (just in case, and a new hood. I have everything stripped off the front end and also have removed my fenders and their skirts. Im in the process of removing the radiator support bc it waa heavily bent and i own a welder, so id rather just fix it right as have a weak part in the front that so much attatches to in one way or another. The spot welds are coming out easily but ive gpt worries that once i have all the welds out rlthe a/c accumulator/dryer and the part of the line that runs into and out of it will be in my way and make removal impossible without draining my a/c system and unhooking it. Then after im finished, having to vacuum out the entire system then recharging it.
If anyone has replaced the radiator suppprt in theirs and know whether or not messing with the a/c system is avoidable, can u please let me know. Im hoping it is as this woild save alot of time and hassle.I hate fooling with a/c's personally. If it does have to be disconnected maybe it could be avoided by cutting a section out of the radiator support to allow for installation, then welding the piece back in after fitting it into place and already having a few welds to hold the entire radiator support to the car for u.
Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.