Toyota Nation Forum banner

Stormtrooper build Via Hoangl92

9K views 44 replies 10 participants last post by  HoangL92 
#1 ·
So we all love to build our cars the way you want it to be . Ideas flourish through your mind and wanting to create something unique . So I have never saw Star Wars , I know I'm crazy . So I became a stormtrooper fanatic and love the black and white theme , haven't seen anyone build a stormtrooper theme camry!

So here where it all begins and there's more to come

Stock

Next step dipped the grill and lower grill

Now added a s204 Sti lip

Added a m3 sports lip

Next added some lip Kira from dura flex

New exhaust/muffler

Changed the center a bit

Got these in the mail (not installed yet )

Brand new grill from camry SE from Japan

HID lights , 8k on top 3k on bottom

Now got the shoes to be fitted and new Megan springs
BSA 321 18x8 et 40

See less See more
#3 ·
#4 ·
Lol I got to lazy to find it and I wanted to make a more detailed thread . So new comers can have an idea of what parts I used. The radio controls and cruise and stuff . Either "A" ignore them. B - make some customer button switches . :) but I need a diagram for the horn . Anyone got that ?

Here's a new update
Out with the old in with the new .

#6 ·
HoangL....

Very nice work...creative and a successful "spiriting" of the Camry's conservative styling...I had considered doing something of the same...in the end I settled for just a "blacktop" ....not bad, but not "sporty" like yours.....

#11 ·
Do you mean the black plastic circle or clear plastic over the wire. If its the clear plastic tube, try to keep it but thats kind of a safety so that the positive wire does not touch ground and short something out/ burn/ cause a fire. If you cant keep it wrap it in electrical tape or buy a heat sink and it will help insulate the connection.

Car looks great. Im surprised I like the hood usually I don't like things like that. I would probably suggest getting the roof Painted black.

#12 ·
Okay that's fine . I'll prob shorted the plastic tube . So it can fit perfect so I don't cross thread the bolts . I'm thinking about painting the bolts . Any suggestions ? Or keep it how it is

#14 ·
DIY NRG steering wheel install ,

Unplug battery , negative first

Relax grab a beer and sit for 5 mins . I wanted to play it safe.

Next unscrew T30 screws .
(Pop side flaps open both side )

Gently remove airbag

Pop the yellow tab with a small flat head

I took black then red out

I know pic is upside down

Place down away from you since it's an explosive device.

[/URL

Lossen boot with 19mm (3/4 inch ) Rachet ,

Remove steering wheel ,

[URL=http://s265.photobucket.com/user/lilviet07/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5822576D-02A2-4A60-A674-B49EB0F3B8A7.jpg.html]

Unplug wires and remove the clock thingy ,

Insert slim hub adaptor , since I didnt straighten my steering I marked where the steering wheel was place originally with a slim line so that's considered my center next time whoever is doing this straighten your steering wheel for you proceed. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Instead bolt . And tighten down with 25lb tq .

Install quick release , I did a star pattern for even placement .

INsert your steering wheel . And ride on

Anyone know how to disable the airbag light ..

#17 · (Edited)
There is no bulb, you have to take the cluster apart and unsolder the LED. As far as removing the cluster IIRC you just pull off the trim under the cluster and it like 2 screws at the bottom of the cluster. There is a sticky on replacing the LEDs, it is a different cluster but should give you the general idea on how the cluster comes apart. I think it will fail NC inspection just for not having the airbag installed. Not sure though just my 2 cents worth.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1...7-2011/311444-diy-instrument-cluster-led.html

#18 ·
Electrical tape over the light. That's what I did for my parking brake mod. The light is always on now.

Basically I tricked the system into thinking the parking brake is on, to disable the DRL's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.