Toyota Nation Forum banner

2004 Camry Jack Stand points

18K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Donald E George 
#1 ·
I recently replaced the rotors and brake pads on my 2004 Camry and was unsure about the placement of Jack Stands. I found a lot of text descriptions, but not too many photos, so I thought I'd post a couple.

First, I raised the drivers side of the car with the factory scissor jack. I placed a 3-Ton Jack Stand under the front center of the car as depicted in photo 1 below.

Next, I placed a second 3-Ton Jack Stand on the support rail, behind the scissor jack attach point as shown in photo 2 below.

Once I completed replaced the brake pads and rotors on the driver's side, I moved the jack stand to the support rail on the passenger side.

Although I didn't crawl under the car, the setup felt pretty stable.

See less See more
#2 ·
Jack stand placement would be the same as jacking points listed in the owners manual. An arrow for these points is made into the plastic trim piece below the doors. The weld seams also have notches to indicate the correct jacking points. I wouldn't trust a single jack stand placed under the subframe. That doesn't look safe to me. Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.