2007: How to turn off door lock/unlock beep?? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2002-2006 & 2007-2011 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-03-2006, 09:22 PM
2008 SE V6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2007: How to turn off door lock/unlock beep??

I posted this kind of off-topic in a different thread, so let's just do this proper and ask in a new one:

I think I've had enough of the remote-entry "beeps" when locking and unlocking the doors, and popping the trunk. The manual is no help -- "go to your dealer and let them do it." For crying out loud, I've been doing this kind of thing with alarms for a decade. Does anyone have the routine to go through to change the beep settings? Again, I'm mainly concerned with just turning them all off....

Thanks!

thoots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-03-2006, 09:43 PM
New TN User

I would like to know how to get rid of the seat belt alarm! Drives me nuts!

I asked the Service Manager and he didn't know. He said he would look it up and let me know when I come back next week for window tint on my new 2007 Camry XLE V-6 Auto.

Other than that, I LOVE that car!
#3 Old 05-04-2006, 10:26 AM
TN User

If you have the OEM alarm, it's made by Fujitsu-Ten.
Try the Fujitsu Ten VIP FAX back service 310 327-9905
#4 Old 05-04-2006, 11:46 AM
'07 XLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoots
I posted this kind of off-topic in a different thread, so let's just do this proper and ask in a new one:

I think I've had enough of the remote-entry "beeps" when locking and unlocking the doors, and popping the trunk. The manual is no help -- "go to your dealer and let them do it." For crying out loud, I've been doing this kind of thing with alarms for a decade. Does anyone have the routine to go through to change the beep settings? Again, I'm mainly concerned with just turning them all off....

Thanks!
Go to the dealer and let them customize the parameters.
#5 Old 05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
'07 XLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw817
I would like to know how to get rid of the seat belt alarm! Drives me nuts!

I asked the Service Manager and he didn't know. He said he would look it up and let me know when I come back next week for window tint on my new 2007 Camry XLE V-6 Auto.

Other than that, I LOVE that car!
Typical Service guy!!!!

You can change the buzzer that sounds at 3 mph or higher yourself. Page IN-38 in Customize Parameters (Repair Instructions).

Downloadable from http://techinfo.lexus.com/

You can join for 24 hours (actually more than 24 hours because it goes to midnight of the following day) for $10 and download all TSB's, Service manuals, electrical diagrams to your home computer.
#6 Old 05-04-2006, 03:49 PM
da shiznit

[quote=mw817]I would like to know how to get rid of the seat belt alarm! Drives me nuts!/quote]

y'all should be wearing your seatbelt anyways...

however, the beeping stops after about 30 seconds or so. have any of you noticed that it's weight sensored? i put groceries in the passanger seat the other day and it sounded off. the sensor also turns on/off the passanger side airbag. is this standard in camry's? this is my first one.

smoke'em if you got'em
#7 Old 05-04-2006, 07:45 PM
2008 SE V6

(Thread Starter)
Angry Gaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njerald
Go to the dealer and let them customize the parameters.
Yep, this is apparently the only way to do it with the 2007 Camry. The routine goes something like this:

1. Schedule a service appointment.

2. Leave the car there all day long.

3. Have the service monkeys park another car a quarter-inch away from it, and put several door dings into your brand-new car.

4. Wait all day long, then come to the dealership at the end of the day, only to find that "they're working on it right now."

5. Wait some more, and then fork over $42.50.

6. Point out the door dings and other damage the service monkeys did to your precious brand-new car to the service writer.

7. Watch the service writer shrug his shoulders and keep his mouth shut.

Sheesh.

I think I'll re-evaluate my desire to get rid of those bothersome beeps.

Oh. Technically, they have to hook up their "scan tool" -- some kind of hand-held computer -- in order to re-program the remote entry beep settings.

And, you might not have a dealership like mine who seemingly found all of their service staff standing at freeway offramps holding handout signs. The last time these idiot moron pieces of garbage touched my car (a 2003 Corolla I previously owned), they DID damage it. Looked like they just slammed a toolbox onto the roof of the car, and put a dimple into it. I won't go anywhere NEAR my dealership's service department without having a lengthy talk with the service manager, to see if they've "cleaned house" since they last screwed me up the you-know-where.

thoots
#8 Old 05-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Umm, yeah.

I'm not sure this works with Gen6, but this is how I turned mine off in my 02 By far, I'm so happy. I miss the little happy "BEEP" she used to make. Now, it's justa memory. `````

1: Stick key in ignition and remove it quickly.
2: within 5 seconds, re-insert key and turn to the "ON" position.
3: within 10 seconds, press together "UNLOCK","LOCK" and "OPEN TRUNK" or PANIC twice within those 10 seconds.

When the procedure is completed, you will hear 2 beaps (on long, one short).

Check to see if the program is the way that you desired(Press lock, unlock...)

If you hear them, you did not follow the procedure correctly. Complete the procedure from step one until you hear the beeps.

At any moment. Toyota could be planning. To strike them. At anytime. TOYOTA. MOVING FORWARD>>

Last edited by 02AspenGreen; 05-04-2006 at 08:02 PM.
#9 Old 06-10-2006, 12:30 PM
New TN User

Anyone figure it out?

Has anyone figured out how to turn off the beep upon locking and unlocking (called the "answerback function" in the manual), without going to the dealer?
#10 Old 06-10-2006, 06:07 PM
07 SE I4

When I brought mine to the dealer to turn off the beep, I asked them to change it to a one button function for the lock/unlock as well (so all doors lock/unlock with one button push). They told me it wasn't possible until I showed it to them in the owner's manual...

They didn't charge me for either one, don't know if they typically try that with people or not.
#11 Old 06-10-2006, 09:28 PM
2008 SE V6

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finallybuying
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the beep upon locking and unlocking (called the "answerback function" in the manual), without going to the dealer?
It just plain can't be done by the user -- a service tech needs to hook up a Toyota scan tool to the car, then go find the right menu items, and then turn the "buzzer" to "off." Or whatever else you might want to do with it.

When I first went, they tried two scan tools, neither of which had recent enough software to even be able to "talk" to my car. They called me back about a week later, and had me come in once they had the new software installed.

The service tech sure didn't know his way around all that well, but he finally found it, and set the door lock and the trunk lock buzzer to "off." My dealer did not charge me a penny for this service.

Hope this helps!

thoots
#12 Old 06-10-2006, 10:57 PM
New TN User

thanks

thanks for the answers -- i'm getting sirius installed next week and will have the dealer do it then. odd that they have so much techno-stuff in the car but you can't change something so simple without going to the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)