Toyota Nation Forum banner

Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 2

11K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mcgowaw 
#1 ·
Can anyone advise who makes the original - Denso or Bosch or some other maker? Or, if an after market part is good enough - if it is, make and model of the part would be much appreciated.
I have P0430 code and would like to change the oxygen sensor before I go through the exercise and expense of changing the catalytic converter. I have cleaned the MAF sensor (was very dirty with carbon deposits) with no improvement. I have ordered an Actron scan tool to further analyze the system for some more hints as to whether it really is the catalyst converter or some other problem. The car is a Camry 2006 with a 3.0 liter V-6 engine and automatic transmission. Any help in diagnosing the problem and getting rid of this code would be much appreciated. Please advise, if possible, on mahendra26@gmail.com that you have and answer on the forum for me.

Thanks very much.

#3 ·
Reactions: Donald E George
#5 ·
Toyota only in my opinion for the catalytic converter. It's more money but aftermarket catalytic converters are known to fail early and are very hit or miss in quality.

Reactions: mahendra26
#6 ·
i'd invest 5 bucks in an obd2 reader and free torque software first to do some readings of the up/downstream o2 sensors and see if the downstream is just lazy or bad before i replace it. if it's reacting normally, then you're gonna need to either clean the cat or replace it. i've heard good things about EASTERN CATALYTIC cat's but haven't had to replace my 06 yet thankfully.
tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.