Firestone damaged my car!!! - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2002-2006 & 2007-2011 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Gen6 Firestone damaged my car!!!

I took my 2007 Camry SE with the TRD drop and Venture Shield Paint Protection film into Firestone on 11/17/2007 to have a nail removed from my tire. It was raining that day. The worker drove the car from the front parking lot to the side bay entrance. When he pulled it in, I heard a scrape and then a pop. I saw the guy driving it pull into the bay fairly fast. That got my attention going. At that time I then walked over to the door and I heard them discussing who was going to work on this thing. The worker put the arm of the lift under the rear side of my car then lifted it up. Then I heard the sound of the impact wrench then a pause. Then I heard some rumblings about the lug nut lock. I then yelled back to them I have the key for the lug nut. The worker said to get it. So I entered into the working area to go into my glove box to retrieve the key. When I went to hand him the key I saw that my car was raised by the passenger side rear ground effects. The one arm on the lift that was holding the car up was positioned on the plastic ground effects. The plastic was all bowed-out and squeezed. I pointed that out to him and he said that it will go right back into shape. Then I heard a loud snap. He then dropped it down. I said, “Don’t you have a jack?” He said, “Yeah, but it is being used.” I said, “I will wait. I am not in a hurry.” I asked him if their wheel machine has Teflon tips on it and he said, “It’s all plastic” I said, “Good I do not want any damage done to my wheels. “ They managed to get a jack under the car and complete the work. When it was done, I paid for it and then the worker asked me to drive it out. He said, “Go real slow so you don’t scrape” I inched my way out until I was clear. As I was driving I thought about the front end and how the worker drove fast into the bay. So I got to a safe area and looked at the front end then the side. I then noticed then front end was severely scraped-up and the side plastic ground effects had a crack in it. Then I looked over the wheel closely and noticed some minor damage to the wheel as well. I at that time I called Firestone and talked to the individual who worked on my car about the damage. I told him that I would get an estimate from Toyota for the damage. He said to call him when I get the estimate.

11/19/07: I called and emailed the photos that I took to Jeff. Who is the manager at Firestone.

I received an estimate from Gates Auto Body for $1,533.80. I requested that I have prepainted parts from Toyota. Gates said that the only parts that come prepainted are for Japanese built cars. He said that the Japanese built car parts would not bolt up due to they have different mounting points. I do not want to have my paint inferior to the factory paint and then get a bunch of rock chips because of it.

What should I do now. Anyone know that the Japanese parts for sure would not fit? Mainly the Deflector,Rocker Panel right side(side ground effects).

TRD Springs, V6, Lumar Tint, VentureShield Paint protection film, 12" Infinity Perfect Sub, Alpine Amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
damn they scraped that front lip bad!
#3 Old 11-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Senior TN Member

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
That really sucks. I know when I had my door replaced, it had to be repainted as well because none of them come pre-painted. I found a reputable auto body shop and overall they did a great job, you can't tell that it was ever repainted.

As for the bill, what was actually damaged? It looks like it was just the bumper, and if thats the case then maybe you can just remove the front of the SE body kit and replace it, not the entire bumper.

#4 Old 11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
First off, seeing how severe that damage is, I can't believe you did not stand your ground as strong as you should've been in the beginning, when you first noticed of a commotion going on. Second, you shouldn't have had to drive the car out of their bay, it is their responsibility to do that. I just see that as a scapegoat for them.

I replaced my 4-cyl with another 4-cyl, equally powered, but faster ride...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...e/P9231851.jpg
#5 Old 11-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Here and there...

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Chitty,
Oh man, sorry to see it happenned to such a good looking Camry.
I hope things will work out for you. I don't have the answer for you but I'm sure Benca1, Akira, those guys work for Toyota, I'm sure they will chime in.

Back on stock height and love it!

Questions about wheels/tires? Click here
#6 Old 11-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Sedan Life

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
damn they scraped that up pretty bad....
keep us posted as to your progress with the firestone

i am scared to trust anyone but myself with my car

2003 CWP Lexus ES300 - MCV30 - 1MZ-FE
"I'm the dude, man."
#7 Old 11-20-2007, 01:20 AM
boo.hoo.hoo.

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Dude... right when you heard the impact wrench, you should have thought otherwise... get it repaired, and never take it to anyone who uses an impact wrench on lugs, thats just asking to strip them..

2007 Magnetic Gray Camry LE V6:
Lit door sills, F/R cathode, trunk cathode, K&N SRI, IS250 chromes, LED tails/ bulb swaps, Katzkin leather

#8 Old 11-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Official TN Member

daaamn i would have went OFF!
#9 Old 11-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Official TN Member

You would would be better off having a good shop repaint the front end because the factory clear coat is really thin. The shop will put a thicker coat on resulting in less rock pitting.

But that really sucks.
#10 Old 11-20-2007, 09:20 AM
08 Voodoo Blue FJ Cruiser

Dang that sucks. Good luck with the repair. I'm always suspicious when I take my car in to get new tires/fix a tire. Took my TCH to Goodyear...looked around and most of the techs there were fairly young...the kid that drove my TCH didn't even know how to shut it off and he kept it running because it was soo quiet...what a dumb**s....

anyhow good luck with the repairs!

08 FJ Cruiser Voodoo Blue - 4WD 4.0L V6 5-speed auto, upgrade package 1, brush guard, roof rack
#11 Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Gen6

Thanks guys... Now the Firestone dealer wants me to drive back up north so the manager can talk to me. He says that my story of the details conflicts with the two techs that were working that day. They said that the front end was scraped-up before. It was but not to this extent, and I have proof that they did do the new more severe damage. If they can repair just the damage they caused then so be it. But it the entire front piece has to be repainted, I can't help that.

Wish me luck...

TRD Springs, V6, Lumar Tint, VentureShield Paint protection film, 12" Infinity Perfect Sub, Alpine Amp.
#12 Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 PM
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitty View Post
Thanks guys... Now the Firestone dealer wants me to drive back up north so the manager can talk to me. He says that my story of the details conflicts with the two techs that were working that day. They said that the front end was scraped-up before. It was but not to this extent, and I have proof that they did do the new more severe damage. If they can repair just the damage they caused then so be it. But it the entire front piece has to be repainted, I can't help that.

Wish me luck...
those bastards are trying to hide the damage that they did. why cant people just own up and take responsibility. i wish you luck man, what kind of proof do u have that they did the more severe damage?

#13 Old 11-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Baby's got a new skirt

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gen6

If they don't pay up, napalm the place.
#14 Old 11-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitty View Post

Wish me luck...

This is EXACTLY why they made you drive the car out of their bay; so that in case (and you did) you come back calling foul play, they can say that you damaged the car yourself when you pulled out of the bay. Those bastards should fukin die for damaging your beautiful car! I say Fuk em up fuk em up!

I replaced my 4-cyl with another 4-cyl, equally powered, but faster ride...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...e/P9231851.jpg
#15 Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Official TN Member

if they don't repair it, lets have a riot there. or give us the number and will keep calling them and yelling =)

20" black lenso's /w red brake calibers, 6000k HIDs, tint my car site

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)