On my FJ Cruiser, the radio ("FJammer") was able to be hacked. Over on the FJ forum, it was discovered how to program your own text into the startup display, like it would display "good day" or whatever. On the camry radio, when it says "welcome to camry" (welcome to camry, wtf??? why not hello, or something a little more intelligent???), I was wondering if we could program it. Has anyone done it yet? I have tried the FJ method, which was basically putting it into "aux" mode then turning on the car, waiting a bit, then entering your letters, one at a time.
used the following directions:
1. Turn on your vehicle
2. Power on your radio
3. Change the input to AUX
4. Power off your radio
5. Hold down the TEXT button for 5 seconds. Wait for scrolling text to finish.
6. Power on your radio
7. Press the TEXT button twice (2X)
8. Turn the audio control knob to scroll through A-Z, a-z, and symbols
9. To select a character or symbol push the audio control knob
10. To go backward or forward use the "5" and "6" buttons, respectively
11. Repeat steps 8, 9 and 10 until your desired message is complete
12. When the message is complete press the "1" button
this would be so cool, to be able to hack here too...