Toyota Nation Forum banner

Power Steering fluid for 2007 Camry i4

45K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  camlex 
#1 ·
I have 40k miles on my Camry and thought it would be a good time to replace my power steering fluid. The power steering bottle cap says " Dex II or Dex III transmission fluid".---- Fluid is goldish black, not red

I called 'Gullo Toyota, Conroe, TX' and asked what fluid I should use and they said they only use the regular power steering fluid and not the Dex transmission fluid for the power steering.

I don't trust them because when I did a drain and fill on my transmission last week they insisted that I have the Type IV fluid and I had to drag them out to the parking lot to pull my dip stick and shock them that it says "Type WS" on it. I wonder how many other poor souls have been screwed over because of them giving the wrong transmission fluid. In other words, I don't think they know squat..... or they need to be retrained.(Gullo Toyota)

Question is ...... Is it ok to use regular power steering fluid or do I have to use Dextron III transmission fluid?

Thanks fellas!

#2 ·
I have 40k miles on my Camry and thought it would be a good time to replace my power steering fluid. The power steering bottle cap says " Dex II or Dex III transmission fluid".---- Fluid is goldish black, not red

I called 'Gullo Toyota, Conroe, TX' and asked what fluid I should use and they said they only use the regular power steering fluid and not the Dex transmission fluid for the power steering.

I don't trust them because when I did a drain and fill on my transmission last week they insisted that I have the Type IV fluid and I had to drag them out to the parking lot to pull my dip stick and shock them that it says "Type WS" on it. I wonder how many other poor souls have been screwed over because of them giving the wrong transmission fluid. In other words, I don't think they know squat..... or they need to be retrained.(Gullo Toyota)

Question is ...... Is it ok to use regular power steering fluid or do I have to use Dextron III transmission fluid?

Thanks fellas!
"The power steering bottle cap says " Dex II or Dex III transmission fluid".---- "

You already answered your own question.

I use Mobil 1 synthetic ATF in my power steering systems.

#3 ·
"The power steering bottle cap says " Dex II or Dex III transmission fluid".---- "

You already answered your own question.

I use Mobil 1 synthetic ATF in my power steering systems.

Yes, but is not the Dex fluid Red?.... I have Gold in my power steering tank?.... What fluid is that? What happens when I mix the red Dex III transmission fluid and the existing goldish black fluid?

#12 ·

Thanks fellas!

I used NAPA Power steering for my all Toyota's.
http://napaonline.com/MasterPages/N...tNumber=9832&Description=Power+Steering+Fluid
can you explain me drain and fill for transmission for your 07 camry.
I know you should use "World standard" .
My 07 and 09 I4 camry has dipstick to check level. is that you used to refill?

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.