Toyota Nation Forum banner

Replacing Camry HeadLight Bulbs?

27K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Punks_Not_Dead5 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I'm new to Toyota Nation, so please excuse any noob things I may say or write lol. Well recently, my father picked up my grandfathers 2002 Camry LE 4cyl 2.4L for me, and I'm already looking into trying to make it look better. I really would like to have a nicer, cleaner set of headlights, so I plan to replace the bulbs with high intensity ones. Do you guys have any tips for replacing them? I've googled my question many times, and haven't found any diagrams/walk throughs for it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

#2 · (Edited)
Noobs make the thread alive, welcome to TN. Hehe.. :D

As for the bulbs, if you get the tinted blue ones, it won't be as bright as the stock ones.

HID is the way to go if you want brightness and look. A retrofit is needed since you have reflector housings instead of projector lenses like the gen6.

Good luck and Happy New Year!!! :)

#7 ·
Welcome to the forums!

I have a Gen 5 Camry too, and I just got new headlights for mine. It is a great investment :)

Do you want to replace the entire headlights or just the bulbs?
+1

If you're looking to replace the bulbs, stay with halogen and don't go HID unless you do a proper retrofit. Don't forget that if you pick a bulb with a blue tint (to make the light whiter) like Sylvania Silverstars, you'll scarifice some light output and bulb life. It does look nicer though.

If you're looking for subtle improvements -I changed my parking lights, interior lighting (map lights + dome light) and license plate lights to LEDs. Gives it a clean look.

Enjoy the "new" Camry! Stick around and read up, I'm sure you'll learn a lot here :)

#15 ·
Exactly what I did -- it's fine, but I do like the HID projector look -- is there any way to get 9005 and 9006 sockets for HID projectors? I found a projector set online, but they take h1 bulbs and that wouldn't do...

anyone know if there's a way to get it to fit?

#14 ·
You would have blue lights and probably 80-90% of the light output of your existing bulbs............

#17 ·
^ you'll blind everyone coming towards you...retrofit is the best way to go.

OP: Silverstar Ultra are great bulbs, nice output.

(if someone mentioned that already, sorry i just skimmed the posts)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.