Toyota Nation Forum banner

Opinions? (rims)

8K views 65 replies 15 participants last post by  Grumpy79 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I know there are a lot of threads similar to this ...
BUT I cant really "search" because these rims are specific to my choices and after all Im just asking for some opinions so it doesn't really hurt anyone making a new thread.

So here is the story... I know a guy that has some hook ups for rims but he only can get a few and out of his selection I kinda like these ones. I really like a 5 spoke set up but I think these might look good too. Im not in a rush to get rims, im taking my time so Im not really forcing my self to pick any of these rims.

These are the two I'm thinking of ...

Stern Hypermesh ST-7 . They are machine polished though...
19x8.5 +38

and

ADR m-sport in hyper black or hyper silver
I still have to ask for the width and offset.

So do you guys think the multi spoke style would fit the camry? Its a mag grey 6th gen btw.
I will be interchanging them with my honda accord too so I want to make sure I find the right rim that I will be able to interchange between the two.

Also the first set is ..
asking $900 for 19" - I can get it cheaper but havent asked for a serious price yet

and the second set is
asking $600 for the 18" - also can get a better price.

multi spoke rims? yay? nay?

See less See more
#10 ·
Since one rim already had a tire (got two off a TN Member) I just got 3 matching. General UHP 235-35-19. Very nice tire, and really quiet on the road. Great handling as well

#15 ·
Also as i stated before these rims will be interchanged with my accord..

I just want to ask a quick question to see if the offset is also godo for my accord too.. Ive searched the accord forums but there are so many of them and im not really a regular on the forums so Im not sure who really knows about wheels or not. And i know there are a few guys here...

Anyways these rims are 18x7.5 +43 ..

So If my rims are +48 offset that means they will be pushed in a bit too ? and therefore not flushed?

#28 ·
Also as i stated before these rims will be interchanged with my accord..

I just want to ask a quick question to see if the offset is also godo for my accord too.. Ive searched the accord forums but there are so many of them and im not really a regular on the forums so Im not sure who really knows about wheels or not. And i know there are a few guys here...

Anyways these rims are 18x7.5 +43 ..

So If my rims are +48 offset that means they will be pushed in a bit too ? and therefore not flushed?
Looks like positive camber :rofl2:

#16 ·
Your stock offset is +45. So yes +48 would be tucked in, but it also depends on your width of the rim.

+48 is a bit tucked for 7.5 wide.

I'd go +40 or +35 for a more flush look. Since it's not lowered you don't really have to worry about fender rubs.

Try for 18 x 8 +40 or +35

#19 ·
it's only 3mm It'll be very hard to tell by just looking at it. They should fit fine with 7.5. If it was 8.5 i'd be worried with that offset as it may hit the struts in the rear, but you'll be fine with that setup.

You could always get spacers, but there's no real need to. As long as you like the rims and they fit...that's all that matters.

#20 ·
Yeah so if anything the aftermarket rim is going to be about 3mm tucked in (towards the strut) correct? I understand the offset idea its just when the width of the rim comes into play it really confuses me.
Like how the offset of a 7.5" rim and a 8" rim could really affect the fit even though its half an inch.

Are the stock se rims 7.5 wide?

and .. last question :)
I wont be flush with the fender right? unless i get spacers ? If anything it will probably be at the same "flushness" as the stock rims?

#22 · (Edited)
half an inch is a lot when it comes to that. i'm a 1/4 inch from hitting the strut with my set up.

Yes the stock SE rims are +45 7.5 wide.

and correct, it'll basically be the same as it sits now, just the rim will be 18" instead of 17. :thumbsup:

No i never used spacers. Yours should look the same as mine, since the offsets are the same..mine are just half an inch wider but you should get the same look.

#31 ·
you should be thanking me!!! you can use the tears to water your grass! :D

and yup $490 was too good of a deal for me to pass up. had a hard time getting them to fit in my car tho so I had to ditch the boxes lol.

time to find tires,lugs, hubcentric rings.. oh boy that's gonna add up.

ps thanks for the help punks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.