07 Camry Cd player stopped ERROR 1 - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2002-2006 & 2007-2011 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-23-2009, 08:15 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
07 Camry Cd player stopped ERROR 1

My wife's 2007 Camry LE cd player recently stopped working. It has been playing burnt cd's since we bought it used about a year ago. Now, it doesn't matter what kind of cd (new, burnt, factory, etc.) it will not play it. The cd player will take the cd, display READING CD on the readout for about 5 seconds, then display ERROR 1 on the readout. We can still eject and insert cd's perfectly fine.

Has anyone had any of these issues and how do you fix it if possible. Our car just broke 50,000 miles so i am sure the warranty is gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-23-2009, 08:44 PM
'07 XLE

Gen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lherring81 View Post
My wife's 2007 Camry LE cd player recently stopped working. It has been playing burnt cd's since we bought it used about a year ago. Now, it doesn't matter what kind of cd (new, burnt, factory, etc.) it will not play it. The cd player will take the cd, display READING CD on the readout for about 5 seconds, then display ERROR 1 on the readout. We can still eject and insert cd's perfectly fine.

Has anyone had any of these issues and how do you fix it if possible. Our car just broke 50,000 miles so i am sure the warranty is gone.

You can follow the Service Manual Procedure to get the audio system to enter the diagnostic mode and read any DTCs that are present and then follow the diagnostic steps indicated.

You can try a head cleaning disc.

Then replace the head unit if the above doesn't fix the problem.
#3 Old 08-23-2009, 09:07 PM
I Eat Accords! W_(^_^)_W

Garage
Gen6

Some people report that disconnecting the battery may help solve the problem.

JBL CD Player Error 1
#4 Old 09-09-2009, 04:43 AM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
I have disconnected the battery for 5 minutes, no results. I used a cd head cleaning cd, no results.

Anyone else have any ideas? It appears that the cd is spinning, and it is still ejecting a cd when prompted.
#5 Old 09-09-2009, 08:44 AM
'07 XLE

Gen6

Quote:
I have disconnected the battery for 5 minutes, no results. I used a cd head cleaning cd, no results.

Anyone else have any ideas? It appears that the cd is spinning, and it is still ejecting a cd when prompted.
REPEAT: You can follow the Service Manual Procedure to get the audio system to enter the diagnostic mode and read any DTCs that are present and then follow the diagnostic steps indicated.

You can take it to the dealer to do the above.........

Then replace the head unit if the above doesn't fix the problem.
#6 Old 09-09-2009, 12:17 PM
New TN User

LOL..this guy is new and he just ignored nerald as eveyone does.
#7 Old 09-09-2009, 12:36 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
soo, is this something the toyota dealer is going to charge me $50 to possibly tell me i need another head unit? Or something can be reset?
#8 Old 09-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Tek
Mr. 2550

Quote:
soo, is this something the toyota dealer is going to charge me $50 to possibly tell me i need another head unit? Or something can be reset?

Call United Radio http://www.unitedradio.com/automotive/ and see if they will let you order a replacement. You can also send your radio to them and get a replacement.

This is the same company dealerships use for replacements. This is a common problem on this system. We see them being replaced all the time.

2009 Toyota Camry SE V6

Navigation w/ JBL Premium Audio | Sport Convenience Package | Sport Leather Package | Rear Lip Spoiler | Moonroof | Rear Bumper Applique | VIR Remote Start | VIR V.I.P. RS3200 Plus Security System

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)