02 camry door lock problem - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2002-2006 & 2007-2011 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
02 camry door lock problem

im pretty certian ive read EVERY camry door lock thread on toyotanation and they all seem to just trail off with no real answer... im having a problem with my 02 camrys door locks.

drivers door locks/unlocks no problem, all other doors will lock (if their manually unclocked) but will not unlock by the master switch or by the pass switch.

from what ive read im leaning toward the drivers junction box/multiplex/body ecu whatever you want to call it, has anyone had a confirmed repair for this? ive searched all over google/yotatech with no definite answer

thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
cmon guys....anyone?
#3 Old 11-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Official TN Member

I just finished reading a dozen or so threads on this issue and agree that I have yet to find a definite fix. I keep reading about the solenoid or maybe the ECU or moisture, or heat, or who knows what else.

My 03 Camry XLE front passenger door will no longer lock/unlock. For a while there it would work sporadically. I'd like to just get it fixed but I have yet to find a solution on what it could be so I know what to look for/what to change.

Does anyone know???
#4 Old 11-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrMack View Post
I just finished reading a dozen or so threads on this issue and agree that I have yet to find a definite fix. I keep reading about the solenoid or maybe the ECU or moisture, or heat, or who knows what else.

My 03 Camry XLE front passenger door will no longer lock/unlock. For a while there it would work sporadically. I'd like to just get it fixed but I have yet to find a solution on what it could be so I know what to look for/what to change.

Does anyone know???
Sounds like you need to replace the door lock assembly/actuator/solenoid, (The name will depend on who you get it from). Each door has it's own inside the door. I had to replace my rear drivers side about a year ago. It was an easy do it yourself fix. If I remember correctly, unless it's the front drivers side/right, you will have to get the part from Toyota. Toyota sells the entire door lock assembly. From memory, Toyota charges about $132 each. Give them a call to get the correct pricing.

To the OP. You don't say but, if all 3 doors stopped working at the same time it may be a different problem. It would be odd in my opinion to have all 3 door lock actuators stop working at the same time.
#5 Old 02-19-2011, 11:15 AM
New TN User

Same issue w/ no answer

I agree, I also have not found a straight answer. Intermitantly the front doors have had these symptoms:
1) Cannot lock or unlock with remote.
2) Cannot lock or unlock with Driver side electronic lock switch
3) CAN lock and unlock by mechanical switch above handle
4) Cannot unlock with key on either passenger or driver door
5) I can hear a click when i attempt to lock or unlock front doors electrically, but no result.

Here is what i have checked so far:
1) Checked fuses for both doors
2) Put graphite powder in both keyholes

I will continue to try and debug but if anyone has answers, please inform me. Thanks.

Update on 3/7/11
--------------------
For issue #4 above it turned out the key was worn. Local dealer replaced it for free (no chip inside) and now i can unlock doors. Still have intermittent electrical lock issues. I havent put much time into debugging it since i replaced the keys.

Last edited by dottcomm76; 03-07-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)