White flakes coming out of my air vent... - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2002-2006 & 2007-2011 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-06-2010, 11:31 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
White flakes coming out of my air vent...

Hi guys, I did a seach for this but did not see anything for my topic so I want to get your opinion/ feedback on this please.

About 2 days ago my wife went to the bank then called me maybe 10 minutes later and said, " honey, I turned on the AC and when I did all these white ashed just flew out of the air vent " I said okay and that I would vaccum it when she gets back.

So when she got back I started to vaccum the car just thinking that maybe it was just from smoking which the ashes must of flew into the vent or something I dont know. After I got done I decided to turn the AC on since it was hot out and sure enough more white ashe flake looking things came out again. I notice that after 2 or 3 seconds it would stop but once you turn off the car and started it back up, it would happen again. Now I replaced my fliter but does not seem to help as well and I'm out of ideas..

Anyone have this problem and if so any help on this and cost to fix this. I would really appreciate some feed backs on this guys...

__________________________________________________ _______

07' Camry SE Mignight Black w/ NAVI
19' inch R1 Drift Wheels/ KSport Coilovers

Last edited by telo_tony; 09-06-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 PM
'07 XLE

Gen6

T-SB-0075-08 dtd. May 27, 2008 calls for a new evaporator.

Mucho $$$$$
The Following User Says Thank You to njerald For This Useful Post:
telo_tony (09-07-2010)
#3 Old 09-07-2010, 01:26 AM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by njerald View Post
T-SB-0075-08 dtd. May 27, 2008 calls for a new evaporator.

Mucho $$$$$

Is there a way instead of paying for a new A/C Evaporator Core I can just clean it out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)