Engine Wont Start - Security light keeps blinking - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2002-2006 & 2007-2011 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-24-2011, 12:59 PM
New TN User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Engine Wont Start - Security light keeps blinking

Hi, I have a 2005 Camry that wont start, I had my friend which is an apprentice check the car, he said the batteries and fuel pump were fine but he noticed that the security light was flashing even when he tried to start the engine. I told him that i accidentally pressed the panic button keys while getting out of the car last night, but i quickly deactivated the alarm by pressing it again. He thinks that that could be the reason why the engine wont start, because the security program could be over riding the components to start the car, some what like a kill switch... I'm just wondering if this is actually reason as to why the car wont start, and if i can fix this without going to the dealership? (my closest dealership is farr) I'm also wondering if anything like this has ever happened to you?
imsupra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 06-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Rey
 
Pilot0617's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 20
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Get your Key reprogrammed to the car or it will never start. or try your spare key

09 Camry Full Gen 6.5 conversion/4300K HID low beams/3000K HID Fogs/Borla exhaust/ 35 tint all around/Auto folding mirrors/Full led conversion/ K&N drop in filter/ Flux capacitor to make it go faster.

Last edited by Pilot0617; 06-24-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Pilot0617 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Pilot0617 For This Useful Post:
Donald E. George (06-24-2011)
#3 Old 06-24-2011, 03:04 PM
270hp = Happy Foot
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 22
Thanked 55 Times in 48 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot0617 View Post
Get you Key reprogrammed to the car or it will never start. or try your spare key
x2

2011 Camry SE V6 Fully Loaded w/o Navi
BC Racing Coilovers with custom 7/4kg Springs
23mm UR Racing RSB
18x8.5in Candy Red Work Emotion CR Kai's
aznlunatic206 is offline  
#4 Old 06-24-2011, 09:54 PM
I Eat Accords! W_(^_^)_W
 
my.rims.are.stock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 49
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Gen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsupra View Post
Hi, I have a 2005 Camry that wont start, I had my friend which is an apprentice check the car, he said the batteries and fuel pump were fine but he noticed that the security light was flashing even when he tried to start the engine. I told him that i accidentally pressed the panic button keys while getting out of the car last night, but i quickly deactivated the alarm by pressing it again. He thinks that that could be the reason why the engine wont start, because the security program could be over riding the components to start the car, some what like a kill switch... I'm just wondering if this is actually reason as to why the car wont start, and if i can fix this without going to the dealership? (my closest dealership is farr) I'm also wondering if anything like this has ever happened to you?

Try unplugging the battery for at least 30 minutes, hook it back up and then try to restart the car.
my.rims.are.stock is offline  
#5 Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 PM
2010 Camry SE V6
 
BlackCamSe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Seaside Heights, New Jersey
Posts: 2,764
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 15
Thanked 65 Times in 54 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
It's the engine immobilizer. Use ur spare key and take the other one to the dealer


Thanks netforcer for the awsome sig! You da man!
Quote:
Seatbelt! you're piloting a vehicle were dual vvt-i hitts harder then VTEC and the torquesteer can possibly snap your wrists
BlackCamSe is offline  
#6 Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Official TN Member
 
gator1939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 18
Thanked 59 Times in 44 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
OK, slight veer off course - Does this mean that any time you press the 'panic' button, you disable your car. I have not yet pressed the panic button on my car and now will be afraid to do so if I can't restart the car without going through the dealer. I don'[t recall reading anything in the owners manual about this.

gator1939

2B1ASK1
gator1939 is offline  
#7 Old 06-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Official TN Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: houston tx
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
when diagnosing engine security, attempt to start up car is NOT NEEDED. THAT'S FOR ALL MAKE/MODEL/YEARS.

Simply turn the key to ON and the security light (key icon) should turn off if successful.

cheers!

2009 Camry SE || Techstream V.6.0 with Openport 2.0 || TSX 4300K Denso
Houston-TX: need key chip, remote, or body features programming? PM me.
profuse007 is offline  
#8 Old 06-25-2011, 12:03 PM
I Eat Accords! W_(^_^)_W
 
my.rims.are.stock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 49
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator1939 View Post
OK, slight veer off course - Does this mean that any time you press the 'panic' button, you disable your car. I have not yet pressed the panic button on my car and now will be afraid to do so if I can't restart the car without going through the dealer. I don'[t recall reading anything in the owners manual about this.

gator1939
No.
my.rims.are.stock is offline  
#9 Old 06-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Official TN Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Similar thing happened to me. I left the lights on by accident and when I tried to start the car the security ligt kep blinking. I just boosted the car and it worked.

07 Camry LE V6
Rice: 5% Tints, Fogs,LED tails/license, Debadged
erisin 8" DVD/GPS Navi/Bluetooth/Back up cam
short shifter
K&N filter
edmontontoy is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to edmontontoy For This Useful Post:
my.rims.are.stock (06-27-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)

Bookmarks

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome