Removing Back Seat of Camry SE - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2002-2006 & 2007-2011 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-15-2011, 10:28 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Removing Back Seat of Camry SE

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or directions as to how I should go about removing the back seat from my Camry SE. Looking to install Clazzio seat covers but the order on ebay did not come with directions...Got the fronts on fine...just need help with the arm rest and the back seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Rey

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I am curios about these to my clazzio set come in on Tuesday.

09 Camry Full Gen 6.5 conversion/4300K HID low beams/3000K HID Fogs/Borla exhaust/ 35 tint all around/Auto folding mirrors/Full led conversion/ K&N drop in filter/ Flux capacitor to make it go faster.
#3 Old 07-15-2011, 11:12 PM
2GR Power

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
You're gonna have a hard time doing that backseat.

My set came with instructions but I already knew it anyway.

First, u need to take out the bottom part, just pull it up n the 2 clips should just pop out and slide it out towards u.

As for the back part, after you take out the bottom part, you'll see 4 bolts (10 or 12mm I think). Unscrew that and pull the backseat up towards the roof to unhook the 3 hooks on the top passenger, middle, and driver side. This is pain in the ass... I kid u not folks!!

Now put it back by reversing the step. This is 10x harder!!! I swore up n down, day n night to never do this again. hahaha...

Be careful not to scratch the plastic scuff plates on each side, I removed them first.

Last edited by GT-R; 07-15-2011 at 11:14 PM.
#4 Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Slip-Slap in my Camry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-R View Post
You're gonna have a hard time doing that backseat.

My set came with instructions but I already knew it anyway.

First, u need to take out the bottom part, just pull it up n the 2 clips should just pop out and slide it out towards u.

As for the back part, after you take out the bottom part, you'll see 4 bolts (10 or 12mm I think). Unscrew that and pull the backseat up towards the roof to unhook the 3 hooks on the top passenger, middle, and driver side. This is pain in the ass... I kid u not folks!!

Now put it back by reversing the step. This is 10x harder!!! I swore up n down, day n night to never do this again. hahaha...

Be careful not to scratch the plastic scuff plates on each side, I removed them first.
yes it is a pain in the ass. Dont be afraid when it comes to pulling the bottom part off there is two clips one on each side of the seat non in the middle, they will take some force to come out tho so dont be afraid to pull hard. If you want you can reach under the seat with your hand to find where the two clips are so that way you can put exactly at the right part. The back as stated by GT-R is such a hassle as well My top middle clip is bent that my seat doesnt even hook to it anymore. It has been in and out more then a guy at a Japanese whore at japanese brothel (whorehouse). When while your at taking the seats out mine as well get coils to because you need to take the seat out to adjust them as well so mine as well do it all in one try. You will also be surprised at what stuff slides underneath your seat, you will see what i mean when you take the bottom seat off. Anyways good luck, and remember some force will be needed.

Finally Dropped 05/04/2010
Finally Bagged 05/06/2013
#5 Old 07-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Somewhere north

Gen6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camry1825 View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or directions as to how I should go about removing the back seat from my Camry SE. Looking to install Clazzio seat covers but the order on ebay did not come with directions...Got the fronts on fine...just need help with the arm rest and the back seat.
i just sent you the link i found it very helpful.
#6 Old 07-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCamrySE View Post
i just sent you the link i found it very helpful.
Can you post the link in this thread so everyone can have access to it when they need it?

It's good to go fast, but even better to be able to stop!!

2007 V6 Camry SE: TRD Air Filter, Power Slot Rotors, Hawk PC pads, Techna-Fit Braided Steel Brake Lines
#7 Old 07-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Somewhere north

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJustMe55 View Post
Can you post the link in this thread so everyone can have access to it when they need it?
maybe you havent read this

Factory Service Manual for 08 Camry
#8 Old 07-16-2011, 01:27 PM
ilikecamrys

iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510Ryder View Post
yes it is a pain in the ass. Dont be afraid when it comes to pulling the bottom part off there is two clips one on each side of the seat non in the middle, they will take some force to come out tho so dont be afraid to pull hard. If you want you can reach under the seat with your hand to find where the two clips are so that way you can put exactly at the right part. The back as stated by GT-R is such a hassle as well My top middle clip is bent that my seat doesnt even hook to it anymore. It has been in and out more then a guy at a Japanese whore at japanese brothel (whorehouse). When while your at taking the seats out mine as well get coils to because you need to take the seat out to adjust them as well so mine as well do it all in one try. You will also be surprised at what stuff slides underneath your seat, you will see what i mean when you take the bottom seat off. Anyways good luck, and remember some force will be needed.
Just take a screwdriver, stick it in (either top in or top out) and u can bend it back.

I leave the screws out of the bottom, no need for them as I don't think your passengers are gonna be pulling on the seats lol.

The bottom seat is easy to pull up, there is a groove in the bottom of the seats, near the floor and just pull up. Don't be scared to pull hard.

2k8 V6 SE\\MoriMotoH1 Retrofit||Work Emotion CR-ULTIMATES
||BuddyClub Coilovers||SPC Bolts||TRD Dual Catback Exhaust||
Megan Strut Bar||StopTech Slotted Rotors||PosiQuiet Pads||Fujita CAI||TN lanyards
#9 Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 PM
'11 Camry SE

I had to go straight up Hulk status and push the back cushion up with all of my force after trying for a while (I'm not weak either). Like others said it is a bitch, but eventually it will get free and come out. Good luck

[SOLD] 2011 Camry SE
|| Click my car below to see my thread ||

#10 Old 07-16-2011, 05:57 PM
2GR Power

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Yup, I had to turn into a Super Saiyan to get the back seat off.

#11 Old 07-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Slip-Slap in my Camry

yes it is always better to do this with 2 people, especially when it comes to putting the back seat back in, even with 2 people it is frustrating to do

Finally Dropped 05/04/2010
Finally Bagged 05/06/2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)