New TN User
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Suffolk County NY
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Are these the instructions you are following?
PROGRAMMING OEM WIRELESS DOOR
LOCK REMOTE TRANSMITTERS
'00 - '08 Applicable Models
November 9, 2007
TSB UPDATE NOTICE :The information contained in this TSB supersedes TSB No. EL004-01.
TSB No. EL004-01 is now obsolete and should be discarded.
To Program Wireless Remote Transmitters:
^ The driver's door open and unlocked.
^ Key out of the ignition.
1. Insert and remove the key from the ignition switch 2 times within 5 seconds.
Steps 2 and 3 should be performed within 40 seconds.
2. Close and open driver's door TWICE.
3. Insert the key into the ignition and remove it.
Steps 4 - 6 should be performed within 40 seconds.
4. Close and open the driver's door twice.
5. Insert the key into the ignition.
6. Close the door.
Steps 5 and 6 should be reversed for the following models ONLY (close door first, then insert key into ignition):
^ 2000 - 2005 Celica
^ 2001 - 2003 Prius
^ 2001 - 2005 ECHO
^ 2001 - 2005 RAV4
^ 2003-2004 Avalon
7. Turn the ignition switch from "Lock" to "On" and back to "Lock" at about 1 second intervals to select the desired mode:
^ 1 time for ADD mode.
^ 2 times for REWRITE mode.
^ 3 times for CONFIRMATION mode.
^ 5 times for PROHIBITION mode.
8. Remove the key from the ignition.
9. To confirm your mode selection, the power locks will now cycle "lock" to "unlock" a number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step 7.
If Confirmation or Prohibition modes have been selected, opening the door will complete the procedure.
10. For Add or Rewrite modes do the following within 40 seconds of Door Lock confirmation:
A. Press both transmitter Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously between 1 and 1.5 seconds and release.
B. Within 3 seconds of step A press the transmitter Lock button for more than 1 second and release.
^ If the transmitter has been successfully programmed, the power locks will cycle "lock" to "unlock" once at this time.
^ If there are problems with the transmitter or the procedure up to this point, the locks will cycle twice. If this occurs, verify that you have received the correct transmitter, and then repeat the above procedure.
C. If multiple remotes are to be reprogrammed, repeat steps A and B.
11. Open the driver's door to conclude programming mode.
Last edited by John1960; 10-07-2011 at 06:54 PM.