Toyota Nation Forum banner

After-Market Amplifier

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  leakyseals 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Camry Hybrid with JBL & Navi. Are there the RCA connections on the amp under the passenger seat to go to after-market amp? If not, is there anyway I could connect another amp for subs in trunk?

#2 ·
#4 ·
There are other options, but sound quality that comes out of them are crap imo. Works for many people, im just real picky about sound quality, but the best way to go is to go with an after market headunit.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23128_PAC-SOEM-T.html

that will work if your just looking to add subs.

#6 ·
Easiest way is to splice into the rear speakers since thats where you have the easiest access to the left and right speaker wires. and yes this will give you a 2-channel rca output to go to your sub amp.

#8 ·
That specify line-out uses power so red/yellow to a 12v source, black to a ground and then the blue is your turn on signal wire for your amp.

#9 ·
i had a LOC with my JBL system for a while. Sounded O.K. The factory amp cuts bass at higher volumes to prevent blowing the factory speakers. So while the music gets louder the bass for the most part wont. I got tired of it and ended up gutting the whole system and starting from scratch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.