2007 Toyota Camry Navigation Screen Backlight DEAD - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2002-2006 & 2007-2011 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-04-2012, 08:25 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2007 Toyota Camry Navigation Screen Backlight DEAD

The navigation screen on my recently went blank, while I was driving to my little brother's graduation. I can still see a faint outline of the screen, but other than that, it is hard to see. Have anyone ever had this problem with their navigation screen? I've tried look in the manual for a solution, but it doesn't have anything useful in it. I've googled for the solution as well, but most people said that if I were to bring it into the dealership, they would just replace my whole unit and that would cost $2000 or more, which is a no-go. I've tried to see if it was a fuse, but I got no idea what I'm looking at when I looked at the fuse box. I'm thinking it is maybe the backlight and that it maybe just died. By the way, the screen still works, I can still press on it and select my preset radio stations, but just can't see.

If anyone have a clue how to fix this, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKeLoBe View Post
The navigation screen on my recently went blank, while I was driving to my little brother's graduation. I can still see a faint outline of the screen, but other than that, it is hard to see. Have anyone ever had this problem with their navigation screen? I've tried look in the manual for a solution, but it doesn't have anything useful in it. I've googled for the solution as well, but most people said that if I were to bring it into the dealership, they would just replace my whole unit and that would cost $2000 or more, which is a no-go. I've tried to see if it was a fuse, but I got no idea what I'm looking at when I looked at the fuse box. I'm thinking it is maybe the backlight and that it maybe just died. By the way, the screen still works, I can still press on it and select my preset radio stations, but just can't see.

If anyone have a clue how to fix this, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Google 'Toyota navigation system repair' This is one of the links outlining an owner in much the same predicament as you. The big issue is that 'normal people' have a difficult time getting replacement parts - the backlight is but one example.
#3 Old 09-02-2014, 08:30 PM
New TN User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My experience might help

I just had the same problem with my 2007 Sienna limited. I found a company name Marcoson Inc in Queen, NY whom repaired it.

I called them and described the problem. They said they could fix it and would give a free quote once they got the unit. I removed the unit easily by following the instruction I found on youtube (Just searched 2007 sienna dash take off and found the video).

I drove to their office and gave them my navigator. After examined the unit, they asked $510 to fix it (much cheaper than a new replacement unit, which is more than $3K from Toyota) and I even saved the two way shipping cost as I live in NYC too. Only took one day, they repaired it. I installed the unit into the car and it worked very well. What a wonderful experience.

Last edited by MR2Jedi; 09-03-2014 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Removed Phone Number
#4 Old 09-05-2014, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Another new member, one post....hmmmm......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)