Holy's Build Thread! - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)

5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2002-2006 & 2007-2011 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View HoLy Ride's Photo Gallery
Gen6 Holy's Build Thread!

I’ve decided to finally make my build thread. I didn’t make one earlier because I didn’t think I would be doing as many things as I have done to the car in such a short span of time. I’ve gotten my inspiration from a couple of members here and hope that one day I can do the same to someone else. Without further ado:

Current Mods:
-Plastidipped Emblems
-SE Grille
-Eagle Eye Taillights
-HIDs
-BC Racing Coilovers (Updated, Page 2)
-RK Sports Lip Kit
-Dual Exhaust conversion
-OEM 19" G37 Alloys (Updated, Page 4)

Future Mods:

-Navigation/GPS
-Sound System (I have a buddy that just got certified to build and install sound systems so this might happened sooner than later)
-Roof Spoiler (I wish the one that was on Kenny's Camry was still available. I'll keep looking until i find the perfect one)
-Window Visors
-Retrofitted HIDs
-Fog Lights (Yellow or white? White fogs will keep it clean, but yellow may look good too)

I purchased my 2009 Toyota Camry LE on September 30th 2012. I put down $8,000 and financed $4,000. Here are a couple pictures of the Camry at the dealership (Ford dealership, lol).

The first modification I did was to plastidip the emblems, it didn’t take but a couple days for me to start building my vision.

After my friend persuaded me to go all out, I decided to plastidip my wheels too. I’ll keep them plastidipped until I get new wheels.

After looking at other member’s builds I noticed how much better an SE grille looked compared to the LE Grille. I ended up taking off the whole front bumper to install it, It was quite nerve-racking to take the car apart for the first time.

I look at the Classifieds section on ToyotaNation pretty often and I thought that these Eagle Eye LED Taillights would be a good pickup. Bought from a member named b0r1cha, he was really smooth to work with, thanks again!

I had to take the rear bumper to properly install them, it was a hassle to take off the white clips under the taillights, but it was well worth it. (sorry that the image is rotated, I have no idea why it turned out like that)

Finished product with the taillights:

I always wanted to tint my taillights but I had to wait for the taillights to be shipped and installed before I could tint them, but it finally happened!

I ordered white lug caps because I thought it would look good with the theme of my car but they popped out a little too much and I think It looked a little tacky so I just ended up removing them. But I’ll keep them and hope that I can use them in a future project.

And now this is where the big mods start coming in, I ordered my BC Racing Coilovers on November 24th. I’m still waiting for them to be shipped, but I’ll definitely update this thread as soon as they arrive and get installed.

Last edited by HoLy Ride; 03-24-2013 at 01:56 PM.
HoLy Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Low & Slow Cam

Gameroom cash: $965360
Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
View BlackCam09's Photo Gallery
Can't wait to see your ride progress bro! You will love the BC Racing coils, what spring rate did you get? I'm assuming 6k/3k if you didn't change them.

BlackCam09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Thanks man. And Yea, i got the standard 6k/3k. I don't see too many people doing custom spring rates, so i just went with the normal rates.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Low & Slow Cam

Supreme Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoLy Ride View Post
Thanks man. And Yea, i got the standard 6k/3k. I don't see too many people doing custom spring rates, so i just went with the normal rates.
No problem, that's what I'm on, but if i would have known you can choose different spring rates when buying from BC Racing directly I would have done so. I might change out the springs on mine to shorter springs so I can go lower .

The Following User Says Thank You to BlackCam09 For This Useful Post:
HoLy Ride (11-28-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Official TN Member

You're already really low as it is. That thing will scrape hard, but that's the lowered lifestyle lol
Old 11-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Look what just arrived! I'm going to have to wait a bit under a week before i can put them on, but i'll re do my wheels while i wait.

They're a lot bigger/heavier than i thought, it makes sense though since they're whats keeping the car up.

BC Racing emblems came with them, i'm going to ask a couple friends how they think it will look on the car. Any idea how it would look? I might put it on the passenger door, where the Mustang has its 5.0 Emblem.

Last edited by HoLy Ride; 11-28-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Low & Slow Cam

Supreme Member
Quote:
You're already really low as it is. That thing will scrape hard, but that's the lowered lifestyle lol
Once you go low, you always want to go lower trust me! lol

Quote:
Look what just arrived! I'm going to have to wait a bit under a week before i can put them on, but i'll re do my wheels while i wait.

They're a lot bigger/heavier than i thought, it makes sense though since they're whats keeping the car up.

BC Racing emblems came with them, i'm going to ask a couple friends how they think it will look on the car. Any idea how it would look? I might put it on the passenger door, where the Mustang has its 5.0 Emblem.
Good shit bro, you're going to love them. Don't forget the rears you have to use the oem strut tops since for our cars there's no rear camber plates available. Also as far as the emblem goes, me personally I don't like to put that kind of stuff on my car. lol Makes it look cleaner. That's just my opinion but you can do whatever you want. I put the that bc racing emblem on my computer desk door.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Automotive Lighting Guru

Gameroom cash: $1053302
Supreme Member
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
View gold94corolla's Photo Gallery
Love the BC coils! They are definitely one of the best parts I've ever installed

gold94corolla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to gold94corolla For This Useful Post:
BlackCam09 (11-28-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Installed my BC Coilovers today! The mechanic i went to won the "Best Nissan", "Best Interior" and "Best Two-Door" by Dubs at a Miami Car Show this year, so he was obviously the first person i wanted to choose to have as a mechanic. He's going to rub my fenders, adjust my coils, and fit the wheels when it's time to do so, so i think this is going to be my buddy from here on out.

I also had time to re-do my wheels, i plastidipped 5 coats and then used a silver metalizer for two coats, they look much better this time now that they aren't completely Matt Black.

I only have a picture of the car being lifted right now, but I'll add a couple of pictures with the drop tomorrow.

Last edited by HoLy Ride; 12-03-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Automotive Lighting Guru

Supreme Member

Can't wait to see it stanced out!

The Following User Says Thank You to gold94corolla For This Useful Post:
leakyseals (12-04-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Loading ...

Lifetime Supreme Member
View <=M=>'s Photo Gallery
^^ lol. well done.

Grats HOLY on the ride so far. I'm going to follow in BlackCam's steps this spring and go with BC coils. When winter rolls around, I'll put my stance back to where my current H&R's are riding. Excited to see your progress and MOAR PICS!

Can't wait!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold94corolla View Post

Can't wait to see it stanced out!
lol, i don't know why half my pictures turn out like that. I'll fix them when i have time tomorrow.

Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <=M=> View Post
^^ lol. well done.

Grats HOLY on the ride so far. I'm going to follow in BlackCam's steps this spring and go with BC coils. When winter rolls around, I'll put my stance back to where my current H&R's are riding. Excited to see your progress and MOAR PICS!

Can't wait!
Thanks! I'll post a couple pictures of the drop, I'm really eager to see what my neihboors will say. When i plastidipped my wheels they thought i was spray painting it with a can from Walmart, lol.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Toyota Fanatic

Gameroom cash: $1044850
Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,451 Posts
Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
View hardtopte72's Photo Gallery
Very nice. I bought my 2009 LE that looks identical (except color) for that price last year. How many miles were on yours.

I recommend you add fog lights, 17" wheels, and an HID retrofit. Those coils are going to make it look sweet. Lets see pics with the grille on too. That SE grille is my next mod as well as the tails.

My Toyota List:

1982 Corolla SR-5 Hardtop 1JZGTE R154
2005 Corolla CE Manual 1ZZFE
2009 Camry LE Auto 2AZFE

If I helped out in any way please hit the blue Thanks button on my post.
hardtopte72 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Automotive Lighting Guru

Supreme Member
Quote:
When i plastidipped my wheels they thought i was spray painting it with a can from Walmart, lol.
yeah.... that's one of the reasons I've stayed away from it myself, I guess it looks "cheap" to most people lol. But it can look really good when done right!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
New TN User

View DOHCrazy's Photo Gallery
Do you have pics of the installed grille?
DOHCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)