2011 Camry vibration on idle when engine is cold - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011) Toyota Camry Discussion for years: 2002-2006 & 2007-2011 Topics of discussion range from fuel economy, safety, modifications, performance all involving America's favorite family car, the Toyota Camry.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-14-2013, 05:46 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation 2011 Camry vibration on idle when engine is cold

My 2011 Camry is giving very weird sound with vibration on every morning or whenever the engine is cold. I checked with 2 Toyota car dealers, they are saying, could not replicate this issue and car is normal. This is certified car bought 4 months before. Please suggest what to do to fix this issue.

Camry vibrates only when it is Drive/Reverse gear. car is smooth when Neutral and parking.

When engine cold RPM stands in 1000+ (Vibrating)
When engine become normal RPM stays 600-700 (No vibration).

I just bought this car, selling this car now wll be big loss.....Please suggest if someone already faced this issue and please let me know how did you fix that issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't sound too abnormal. You may have the 1 second clatter at startup but the vibration thing is suggestive. Your vibration might be something normal that goes away when warmed up. My 2011 Camry might do the same thing as yours that I don't consider a problem but the 1 second clatter, now that's a different story tho..
#3 Old 12-14-2013, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopathykrishna View Post
I checked with 2 Toyota car dealers, they are saying, could not replicate this issue and car is normal. This is certified car bought 4 months before. Please suggest what to do to fix this issue.
Bring it back to the dealer and go to it in the AM and YOU start it up to definitively identify the problem YOU experience...

KitaCamry: an 05 J-vin LE 2.4/5-sp manual tranny with 17" Italian rims!....Enjoy your J Y T Y
#4 Old 12-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Its a long shot but if you really wanted to take a video when you start it in the morning. You could take a glass of water, place in on the center console, start the car and the vibration will show through the water and as the car engine stop vibrating so will the water in the cup.

1994 Mazda MPV 199,000 and still going!
2011 Toyota Camry Se V6 fully Loaded w/o smart key
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Camry and Solara Forum > 5th & 6th Generation (2002-2006 & 2007-2011)