Toyota Nation Forum banner

Best place, online or other, to buy Toyota Motor Oil and filters?

25K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  DOHCammer 
#1 ·
What is the best place (pricing) to buy Toyota Syn 0w-20 oil and OEM filters... Local dealer clipped me for $9.50 per quart...and over $9 for a filter element. Hoping to find a better deal for next time.

#3 ·
There are many Toyota dealers that sell parts via the WEB.

Toyota Of Grapevine Texas is one - goodle for web addr - cheaper than the one listed in prev. post on many items - not by a lot - but cheaper. Good guys.

#4 · (Edited)
It has been discussed before. There are vendors here on the forums that are from Toyota dealerships and eBay is another site that dealerships sell stuff. I've purchased OEM v6 filters for $38 for 10 ($3.80 a piece). There is no reason why you should get OEM oil. Just go to Walmart and buy Mobil1. They sell 5qt jugs for $20 or so. Done.

#5 ·
^+100.
contact Gary at Toyota of Newman.

?any body know if standart oil filter wrench socket will fit toyota filter?

#6 ·
Mobil 1 doesn't package 0W-20 in 5-quart jugs, so you have to buy it individually. And at $6.37/qt, Mobil 1 isn't all that cheap. The OEM Toyota 0W-20 oil is a superior product over Mobil 1, and for the same price at most dealers, you might as well buy the Toyota oil if you're there to buy the filter anyway. It's unfortunate that this dealer is charging so much for it.

The Toyota oil has much more molybdenum in it than Mobil 1, which is a rather expensive anti-wear additive that most factory fills have. In addition, it has an excellent (very high) viscosity index, demonstrating very good performance over a wide variety of temperatures.

#8 ·
Its all the same...just rebadged. The oil they use at dealerships for those bringing it in for service is recycled oil.

Anything from dealership is over inflated in price and a rip off. Thats like telling customers that if they don't take it to a dealership or use OEM products that it voids warranty. Bull donkey doo!

I've been using non-OEM oil and filters on all my cars and they last 15+ years. I've only been using OEM oil filters as I get it cheap. My dad use to get FRAM but its cheaper to buy OEM in bulk.

#15 ·
BTW: Mobil 1 DOES package the 0w-20 in 5 qt. jugs now. Saw them at Walmart last week.
Thanks for that info; that's awesome news. They always had the 0W-30 in the large jugs, but they never bottled the 0W-20 that way. I don't know why...not enough demand for it at the time I guess. Glad to see they've started doing that. That makes the Mobil 1 0W-20 product a better value. :clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.