Toyota Nation Forum banner

Maintenance mileage vs age

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  zhhkrtq 
#1 ·
How do, long time lurker first time poster. I have an 06 LE just passed the 32K mark, running fine no problems, Im getting ready to do TRD springs and TRD rear sway bar and Im going to bring it into a stealership for the install. The history on the car was it was bought new and driven only 6K over 4 years. Oil changes were done but nothing else. I turned it into a daily driver in 2011 and have been running around 12K a year. The car is running great but reading the suggested maintenance intervals going by age I should be doing quite a bit by now (Coolant flush, spark plugs, transmission filter and fluid etc) Should I go according to the age of the car or miles at this point? I want to keep up on my maintenance but Im wondering if doing all the suggested maintenance just for the age of the car is overkill as it was barely driven and garaged over the first 4 years.
Just to verify I have searched the topic several times but still dont have a clear answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
I can only comment on oil. Oil breaks down over time too no matter we use it or not. The owner manuals say I should do regular maintenance every 5000 mile or 6 months depending on whichever comes first. For the cabin air filter, if I don't drive much or if it's not too dirty, it's not necessary to change it (as my dealer doesn't change my cabin air filter for the last 20K mile). I'm not sure about other parts.

#3 ·
When I first got the car I changed the oil immediately, oil changes have been done every 4000 miles since. 4 New tires also rotated regularly, I was planning on doing the cabin filter for the hell of it, I commute 52 miles a day 70%Hwy 30%City. I'm leaning more towards getting everything done because my driving habits are on the hard side

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.