Toyota Nation Forum banner

2002 throttle body problem

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  leakyseals 
#1 ·
Hello, helping a friend with a 2002 camry. The car will not accellerate. The throttle body makes a clicking sound when pedal is depressed.

So.. I took it apart and cleaned the contacts in it. In the mean time located a spare throttlebody from a 2003 from a local yard. The old throttle body has a part number 22030-28030 and the replacement has a part number 22030 0H010. The replacement throttlebody wouldnt even move when the pedal was depressed.

I put the old one back on.. and now it doesnt click anymore but the car in Park only revs to 2000 rpm's. Its not sticking or having any mechanical issue.

I checked the parts site for Toyota and the replacement is the new number. Superceded.

Does the throttle body after replacement need to be reprogrammed? Or whats the deal. I wish I was more Toyota literate when it comes to this.

Anyone run into this? Whats the fix?:help:

#2 · (Edited)
If the replacement TB was the correct part, should be plug and play.

Cleaning the TB - NEVER jam open the plates with a screwdriver to clean. Will ruin the electronic plate motor. The plates will open gradually with slight pressure once the power is removed.

After cleaning - The ECU will learn to compensate for a dirty TB. after cleaning, ECU will have to learn back the other way. because a TB gets dirty slowly, this is not noticed. After cleaning, there may be issues like rough idling, improper idle, etc for a couple of days.

Resetting the ECU with a 15 min neg terminal disconnection may be helpful in this case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.