Toyota Nation Forum banner

Q's wiring map lights to come on with dome light

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Pvt-Public 
#1 · (Edited)
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I have a 2005 Toyota Camry LE, 4-cyl with automatic transmission.

I wanted to rewire my vehicle to have the map lights com on with dome light according to the method listed here: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/2568228-post197.html, however, when I pulled the map light assembly out, I realized that there are actually 5 connection slots as opposed to the 3 depicted. Pictures below:

Just wondering if anyone has any input as to what I should do here; I presume I should flip the two wires, but which slot should I insert the new ground wire coming from the dome light? Thanks so much!

See less See more
#2 ·
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I have a 2005 Toyota Camry LE, 4-cyl with automatic transmission.

I wanted to rewire my vehicle to have the map lights com on with dome light according to the method listed here: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/1898180-post158.html, however, when I pulled the map light assembly out, I realized that there are actually 5 connection slots as opposed to the 3 depicted. Pictures below:

Just wondering if anyone has any input as to what I should do here; I presume I should flip the two wires, but which slot should I insert the new ground wire coming from the dome light? Thanks so much!
There are 5 positions [slots/holes] but only 2 connections, 1 and 5. The connections are the ones with the wires...

#3 ·
In the post that I had linked in the OP, that poster said he had an additional red wire from the dome light feeding into the third, unused plug on the Map light; my issue is, their map light plug only had 3 connections, so they only had to plug the extra red wire into the third, unused port; mine has 5 connections, and I'm not sure which port to plug the additional red wire into. Thanks!

#5 ·
Alrighty, thanks for the information. Hopefully someone will come along and ID the appropriate connection.
Question: if no one is able to identify it, what risk do I run if I were to connect the extra wire to the dome light, and touch the wire to the 3 extra connectors to see which one causes the map lights to come on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.