Toyota Nation Forum banner

rosen problems?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  swrve 
#1 ·
so, after all the recommending I've done of this unit, i finally have a problem with it. i got in the car the other day, and the volume would only turn down to 12, then the knob would be like stuck. well, next day i got in and turned the knob, but it was kinda "crunchy" feeling, and the volume would not adjust at all. i emailed rosen, but since I'm not the original purchaser, there is no warranty....that was fine, and i understood. then they said it would be a flat rate of $280 to repair, and would have a turn around of 6-8 weeks :wtf: so, I'm thinking i could probably do it myself. seems like a 6 prong potentiometer soldered onto the board. hopefully, an electronic guru sees this and tells me where i can get one of these potentiometers from?

thanks

#3 ·
add allied electronics to the list. They also have an on line catalog. Between those three vendors, one of them will have it. Now do you know what you are doing with a soldering iron??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.