Toyota Nation Forum banner

can I put the 2011 Camry radio (with iPod support) in a 2009 Camry?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  glenn14 
#1 ·
I have a 2009 Camry (radio has a blue glowing face). My dad has a 2011 Camry (radio has a black face and a USB connector for iPod support, song titles show on the black face.

As far as I can tell, the radio in the 2011 is A51888 (by Panasonic).

My question is, can this radio fit in the 2009 Camry? It appears to be the same shape and size. Will the connectors in the 2009 just fit this new radio?

Also, what parts will I need to set up the USB connector?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rob

#3 ·
Thanks. To be clear, I'm not removing the radio from my dad's car. I'm going to buy the same 2011 radio as a used part and put it in my 2009.

I like your suggestion of using the same cables and cubby from the 2011, but I don't know exactly what those parts are to order them.

Thanks again.

#4 ·
Im 99% sure the connectors hasnt changed as I am using an aftermarket wiring harness for my JVC and it said 07-11.

Your best bet is to go by a dealer and get the part numbers. There was a site somewhere if I recall that has all the parts number online but I forgot.

You can just try to swap your Dad's before going out and buying one to make sure all works. Like I said it literally takes like 10 minutes to swap them out.

I've tried to do the same as you at some point and upgrading to that unit but found it much less expensive to upgrade to an aftermarket single din JVC and have HD radio as well.

Best of luck either way.

#5 ·
Few people here have 10-11 radios on their 07-09s and they seem to be just plug and play. Hardest part would be installing the USB probably.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.