Toyota Nation Forum banner

09 SE JBL Bluetooth

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Praetorian909 
#1 · (Edited)
I tried to replace the 0603 LEDs near the volume knob on my stereo. Somehow I marred it up enough to cause the volume to go up and down randomly w/o touching the controls. I want to replace either the entire unit, or at least the circuit board. A51862 is the faceplate number, 6-disc JBL w/ mp3 and bluetooth, steering controls for volume, bluetooth, etc. Here are my questions:

Will any Gen6 6-disc JBL stereo work to replace exactly what I have now, or does it need to be specific?

If the above is a no, will the circuit board out of any stereo work for a replacement?

I'm sure I'll have more questions once someone responds, so please bear with me.:thanks:

#2 ·
I tried to replace the 0603 LEDs near the volume knob on my stereo. Somehow I marred it up enough to cause the volume to go up and down randomly w/o touching the controls. I want to replace either the entire unit, or at least the circuit board. A51862 is the faceplate number, 6-disc JBL w/ mp3 and bluetooth, steering controls for volume, bluetooth, etc. Here are my questions:

Will any Gen6 6-disc JBL stereo work to replace exactly what I have now, or does it need to be specific?

If the above is a no, will the circuit board out of any stereo work for a replacement?

I'm sure I'll have more questions once someone responds, so please bear with me.:thanks:
As far as I recall, any gen 6 JBL 6-disc radio will work with it.

#3 ·
Thanks Z. I figured out that when I tried to replace the microscopic LEDs, I ended up with some solder touching the leads to the volume knob. When the lights were on, it was going all screwy. I took it apart again and eliminated the bridge. Tillin' to Rammstein once more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.