Toyota Nation Forum banner

3sgte into a gen 6?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mn011890 
#1 ·
Before I get jumped on for this being a dumb idea, I realize that it is. I doubt I would ever plan to do this. However my coworkers and I were talking and came onto this topic and it got me curious. Has it been done before? How possible would it be? Are there any other swaps that can or have been done on the gen 6? Work is kind of slow today so humor me guys! :D

#3 · (Edited)
I'm almost positive the transmission will bolt up with minor mods but you have the issues of mounts and wiring. Wiring would be the most major setback due to the CAN and different wiring types blah blah.

It would probably be easier and cheaper to buy an old Celica for a few hundred bucks and do the swap if you really want a 3SGTE. Short of that simply building the 2AZFE (turbocharging) will net serious gains and not cost nearly as much hassle. You can get some insane numbers out of it depending on how insane your wallet will go.

#4 ·
Yea my plan is to toy with the stock motor. Like i said i was just curious about it. A friend of mine is getting ready to swap one into his 99 celica and we got to talkin at work about swaps and what not

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.