Toyota Nation Forum banner

Oem navi with aftermarket camera connection help

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jarevi 
#1 ·
I just finished installing my Oem navi JBL E 7024 on my 2011 Camry, everything worked out fine except for the aftermarket universal 12 Volt camera, I splice the video cable From the camera and connected it to the video+ and the video- on the back of the navi connector in pin 22 & 23. The power +12V from the camera to the +positive red wire of the reverse light and the - ground to reverse light ground black wire, now I have the speed sensor wire purple connected to the 5 pin plug in #3 pin, but in the reverse green wire in the #5 pin I don't know what to connect there. I connected the +12V from the reverse light in the reverse #5 pin but nothing happens when I shift to reverse.
Can someone help me whith this connection please?

Thanks,:thumbsup:

#2 ·
Hi jarevi, were you able to get any where with this? Im running into the same issue on a venza with oem nav, and after market backup cam. When i go into reverse, nothing happens, the screen stays the same. In the nav diagnostics it sees the reverse signal go on, so thats ok.
Any help you can offer wouls be appreciated.
Dean

#3 ·
Hi,
Actually I haven't, the only thing I read is that some people with this same issue had to rest the unit from the diagnostic screen in order for the navi to recognize the camera, I went to the diagnostic screen but didn't find how to reset the unit.
Maybe you have better luck, let me know.
How is your reverse wire connected? I have mine in the same plug as speed sensor it is a 5 pin plug but the only thing connected to it is the 12Volt + wire from the reverse light, I'm not too sure about that connection.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.