Toyota Nation Forum banner

Body kit 2009 camry le to se?

17K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  elainekee 
#1 ·
Hey TN,

Here's my delima. I have my 09 LE model, which does not come with the body kit as the SE model. I'm trying to search for that body kit, but no luck in finding anywhere. I tried ebay, but they don't have much. Dealer..I didn't even try with their high prices...Any suggestions guys? Maybe an aftermarket kit...not too sure.

#17 ·
OEM or bust! (RKsport) lol.

Damn you're in Canada..I'd say it'll be easier if you just got the RKsport kit.

#18 ·
Thanks for all your help guys, it means a lot....appreciated. Here in Canada I pay double for everything...a real piss off. Yesterday I got my grille off ebay, chrome, stainless steel mesh. Tried to put it on bumper and didn't fit. Stupid friend tried to grind the opening at the bottom of bumber where the grille will fit into, two circular part, and he scratch my bumper, but once you put back the original grille it covers it up and the parts that showed the scrathes, used touch up paint. Still a piss off...

#19 ·
If you go OEM, check with user toyotapartsman. He has excellent prices. I'm not sure if he ships to Canada, but I can't see why he wouldn't (as long as you pay the shipping:) ).

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#23 ·
I got the aftermarket grille to fit, there's gaps at the top right and top left of grille, but it was a custom project, but I have to find a way to hide it with chrome strips or something. The body kit, I'm still looking for a deal, thanks guys!

#25 ·
Would someone be able to advise as to how much it costs to buy the kit, get it painted and installed. Like a rough estimate from someone who's already done it. I am seriously contemplating doing a body kit install on my 09 le but not sure how much money I need to make available before I attempt it. Thanks guys.

#26 ·
depends if you want rk or like oem look.

for doing oem look, parts would cost your from maybe $500-$1000(front and rear bumper only with lips). paint around $500-$1000. and install you can do yourself lol looking to spend alot.

i got aftermarket bumpers and lips costed me total $400 for them, primered ready to paint. paint would a costed me about $800 to paint all four parts but im gonna plastidip it my self so itll only cost me $200. so total i spend about $600 for everything. i skipped doing sideskits didnt know how itll fit.

if you go the rk route. are you only getting the front and back or also side skirts? those prices range from maybe $400-$900. about $500-$1000 depending on how parts there are to paint.

this is just my estimate around my area.

#27 ·
Damn that's some serious dough lol. Thanks though I think I'll do the same try to get just the front and back bumpers done first and see how it comes out before touching the side skirts. Do you suppose I could paint it myself? I'm just worried it won't come out that good and I will have ruined a $600 kit lol. Also did you say you ended up switching out the whole bumper covers or did you just install the lips on your originals? Thanks again.

#30 ·
I got my rksport kit for 650 and got it painted for 400 (found a guy close by off craigslist, of course i asked to see pics of his previous work) I also helped him install it too. So it was 1050 for everything. The front and rear valence just adds onto the OEM bumpers with 3m tape and screws. The side skirts you have to remove the oem ones and drill holes into the body of the car for the screws.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.