Toyota Nation Forum banner

Code P0101 Question

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  leakyseals 
#1 ·
I had the 2010 Camry I-4 in the dealer last week for the 40K service. They told me I needed fuel injector cleaning and a throttle body housing cleaning which I had done. This afternoon the check engine light came on and at the same time the Slip Indicator light came on.

I ran by Auto-Zone to have them pull the code for the check engine light and it was P0101 which AZ says is Mass or Volume Airflow circuit range and listed probable causes as:Open or short circuit condition, MAF/VAF sensor failure, or Faulty ECM. I called the dealer for an appointment Thursday morning and told him the story and asked if the throttle body or injector cleaning could cause the mass air flow problem. He said "probably not". He also told me that when the Check Engine light comes on the Slip indicator light automatically comes on to show that the VSC is not working while the check engine light is on.

My question is, could the cleaning cause the P0101 and if so what info do I need to argue the case with the dealer? Or, are they unrelated systems?

Thanks
gator1939

#3 · (Edited)
Who cleaned the throttle body and with what? When cleaning the TB its not uncommon to unplug the MAF to make air intake removal easier. I would inspect MAF connection, remove it, give it a spray with MAF sensor cleaner, put back.

I have heard of the VSC light being illuminated for some CEL codes. I do not know why. Goal is to resolve the CEL, see if the VSC goes away with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.