Toyota Nation Forum banner

aftermarket LED tails going bad

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  GT-R 
#1 ·
sad day today when i was leaving for work
stomped on the brakes, looked at the rear view mirror and noticed my drivers side didnt light up as it should:disappoin
it lights up, but not to its brightest

bought the tails in 2008? u guys should check urs

#2 ·
Check the connections. Mine are still bright but I did notice that the plugs weren't staying connected. I just used electrical tape to hold them in place. I did notice that 2-3 LEDs on my driver side don't work anymore. Not worth spending money on a new set of headlights. If more crapped out or the tails didn't work anymore, I would replace.

Also, just looking from your rear view mirror isn't going to do much. The brightness outside can affect how you look at things. What you need to do is have someone press on the brakes while you're in the back looking.

#7 ·
I've seen this happen to a few accords on the road. U know the older accord with the triangle LED taillights, they are so dim n barely light up. Keep in mind that these are OEM Honda lights and they do go bad. So maybe u just got a defective unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.