Toyota Nation Forum banner

Engine code help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  hardtopte72 
#1 ·
Ok im no mechanic so please bare with me.

I have a 2002 camry se 3.0 6cyl. Engine light is on.. I bought a good hand held scanner by Innova its the 3150b.

I followed the directions and came up with a code of P1135 AF Heater circuit sensor malfunction, bank 1 sensor 1. Is this the same as the o2 sensor ? and if so where is bank 1 sensor 1 on this car.. I cant affford Toyota parts so from researching I read that Denso parts are good replacement parts.. I just have no idea which one I need to buy. Autozone has a bunch of these on there site. I want to sell the car so I dont want to spend allot of money for top end parts, I just want to fix it so I can sell it without feeling like I ripped off the buyer. Also what does upstream and downstream mean?

#2 ·
Technically the A/F sensor and O2 sensor are different.

A/F is wide band
O2 is narrow band

Upstream is closest to the engine
Downstream is furthest from engine

On 1MZFE Bank 1 is passenger side Bank 2 is driver side. Sensor 1 is located in exhaust manifold sensor 2 is on the other cat on the pipe.

Toyota has a TSB that called for a computer reflash when you had that code. Its possible the sensor is bad it's possible the computer just things its bad and needs a reflash.

Denso makes the OEM sensors and are probably the best replacement.

Reactions: WOLFHAWK
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.