Toyota Nation Forum banner

2010 Camry SE V6

969 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  burnout8488 
#1 ·
Hi, just bought a used SE v6.
I see from the forum that it has transmission fluid which people have opiinions on how often it needs to be changed.
The car has 65K or 41,000 miles, is it time to change the transmission fluid?
...........tks Folken:cool:

#2 ·
Hi, just bought a used SE v6.
I see from the forum that it has transmission fluid which people have opiinions on how often it needs to be changed.
The car has 65K or 41,000 miles, is it time to change the transmission fluid?
...........tks Folken:cool:
It's supposed to be a "lifetime" fluid if I recall. If you're one of those people who don't believe in "lifetime" fluids, wait until 100k or so. It'd be nice way to insure that you won't have problems with it if you keep the car forever. I'd take it to a dealer to have it done whenever it needs to be done, the transmission on the v6 is a pain in the rear to do as it requires it to be at a specific temperature.

Read the manual if you want more info on it. There are plenty of threads on this forum about this topic too.

#4 ·
41k miles is too early to be changing it on these cars. The V6 requires an extremely precise method of refilling. The temperature of the fluid must be within a very small range in order to properly fill the transmission as it has very tight capacity tolerances.

As the car nears 100k miles, start considering it then. It's said to be a lifetime fluid, but that's just business talk to make overall cost of ownership look lower. Get that fluid out around 100k miles and your transmission will love you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.