Toyota Nation Forum banner

'07 XLE, I think my moonroof control is jacked up

728 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  HotRod53 
#1 ·
I have a '06 and a '07 XLE with moonroofs. My '06 works as I think that it should, my '07 is either not right, or designed by a mad man!

According to the manual, I should be able to hold the slide open switch for 1 second and it open 40% and stop. It also says that holding the tilt up for 1 sec tilts it up, holding the tilt down for 1 second it closes fully.

Neither of these two examples is what mine does. As long as I hold the open button, it moves, let go and it stops. Same with tilt, hold it and it opens, press down and it goes down as long as you hold it, and if you don't let go, it slides open. When I try to close it and seal it tight, I have to play with it, bumping it up or down till I get it in the right position. There seems to be no park spot anywhere, hold it and it moves, let it go and it stops.

Bad part about it is that I believe that any and all adjustments are under the headliner. If that is the case, it will remain the same forever.

Are they all like this or is there something wrong with mine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.