Toyota Nation Forum banner

Do SE wheels require new lug nuts?

7K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  unRaTeD 
#1 ·
I just picked up a set of 2012 SE wheels off of ebay. I currently have the stock 2012 steelies.

My question is, do I have to buy the lug nuts with the washers build into them to mount these wheels?

#2 · (Edited)
I just picked up a set of 2012 SE wheels off of ebay. I currently have the stock 2012 steelies.

My question is, do I have to buy the lug nuts with the washers build into them to mount these wheels?
I think you meant stock 2010 steelies !!!

Yes based on my experience. When I ditched my 16" inch steel wheels for 17" Avalon 9 Spoke ...... same specs as SE .... I had to replace my lug nuts.

http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/ss303/Pablo0767/?action=view&current=CamrySideViewDS.jpg

#6 · (Edited)
OEM Alloy wheels usually use Mag Seat with Washer type lug nuts. Steelies are different.

Tuner lug nuts (RAYS, etc.) are usually the Acorn type.

2012 SE wheels and 18 Scion TC rims should use the Mag Seat with Washer type if they're OEM wheels.

#7 ·
SE wheels use the mag seat with washer.

I know that because I have them lol, but you can also use the acorn ones.

I know that also because I have used acorn/tuner lugnuts with my SE rims at one point for awhile
and had no issues.

#8 ·
SE wheels use the mag seat with washer.

I know that because I have them lol, but you can also use the acorn ones.

I know that also because I have used acorn/tuner lugnuts with my SE rims at one point for awhile
and had no issues.
So ur saying I can use my acorn RAYS for my SE wheels? :naughty:

U sure it won't damage anything? Cause it's different shape u know.

#9 ·
Yes! But probably not good though lol, just torque them well, and check every month.

I used muteki tuner lugs on my SE rims (inbetween rims) for 1-2 months and it was fine.

Nothing was damaged! Just dont overtorque anything.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Yea that's what I thought, it's either my RAYS lug nuts gonna give or the wheel. But I'm sure something's gonna give cause it's not made for it. I'm gonna get the black mag lug nuts, I think it'll look good. :D But they don't make black locking nuts though. :(

#14 ·
Yeah Gorilla is a good brand.

The Rays are gonna give lol, soft aluminum lugnuts :crybaby:

what black mag nuts?

#21 ·
Indeed. Steel lugnuts (muteki) last a little longer in terms of their color.

keep saving GTR :) keep saving. thinking about selling mine for 1500, but that's just a thought..

#22 ·
still can't afford it.. :( insurance bill just landed on my mailbox, savings goes down to zero again. :facepalm: Just hold on to those for a little longer. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.