Toyota Nation Forum banner

Subframe Shifted

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  xx03Camryxx 
#1 ·
I have a slight problem, my subframe has shifted to the right about an inch. Now, the problem with that is that I need it moved back into place. I have no idea where to get this work done, was hoping you guys would know. I'm assuming maybe an alignment shop, but idk.

#5 · (Edited)
Any alignment shop can do it. If the subframe shifted to the left or right then camber will be out equal but opposite on each side because the control arms will have shifted with it. And if its forward or backward then caster will be out the same on both sides. So what I do it throw the car on the rack. Take the subframe bolts out and stick a real long thick screw driver or some times a pry bar up through the holes and shift it that way untill everything matches on the screen.

#7 ·
That's the thing I took it to an alignment shop and they normally are the ones who deal with my car, he just told me that my subframe was shifted and never really gave me a solution. lol I'll look into another alignment shop though.

#8 ·
The alignment shop that deal with lowered cars usually can take care of that with no problem. Well since yours didn't really do anything you can try to take it to a body shop. I experienced somethings like this before with my '11 LE before but mine was much much worse lol.

#9 ·
Yeah, I was told that a body shop could do it but it's like $100 a hour and it's a two hour job...I rather just have the subframe misaligned. :lol:

#11 ·
Didn't even think about that, well for now I don't mind. I'm going to swing by a buddy's alignment shop this weekend, best thing about Vegas there are multiple shops here in town that work with lowered cars. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.