Toyota Nation Forum banner

Cabin Filter

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Edmond 
#1 ·
Has anyone posted the instructions/pictures for replacing the 2008 Camry XLE cabin air filter? Dealer wants $50.

#5 ·
Not just a dealer price. Most shops charge around the same.

It's a blanket price for all cars. For example a Gen 2 Avalon the whole lower dash has to be unbolted to access the filter.

#8 ·
Don't make the same mistake that I did, stay away from the charcoal air filters. I was foooled into thinking that it would be better since they were used in the Lexus models .... I can't wait till it's used up, and I bought 2!

If the car is sitting for a while and you turn on the A/C, you get a weird smell. When you first install it, you get a dry smelling odor all of the time. I won't be buying any more of these.

#9 ·
Actually the A/C odor was a common issue on the 07 Camry. There is actually an updated evaporator to correct it but most of issue is caused by leaving the A/C on shutdown which leaves a small amount of water that begins to smell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.