Toyota Nation Forum banner

Replaced A/F Sensor

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DaddysSolara 
#1 · (Edited)
Just replaced the A/F sensor in my 2002 Solara SLE V6. Had a diagnostic done at the dealership while having some other work done and found it was the Bank 1 Sensor 1 that needed replacing. Ordered 1 and did it myself, check engine light is still lit. Disconnected the battery for only a couple of minutes and started the car. Light went off, however as soon as I put on the brake to put it in gear to move, light came back on. I should mention the "trac off" light is illuminated as well. Why would it go off and come back on? Do I have to clear the codes, and if so how do you do that?

#2 ·
Which sensor did you replace?

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is the rear bank (firewall side) and sensor 1 is located on the exhaust manifold. If you replaced the sensor on the radiator side thats the wrong sensor.

Reactions: DaddysSolara
#4 ·
Yeah looks like we got the right part, just put it in the wrong place. Looked like in one diagram that it was right in the front of the engine, behind the radiator. Now in looking at another I can see it is in the back near the firewall as you said. Could have been worse if it was the completely wrong piece, just need to put it in the right spot now. Thanks!

#5 · (Edited)
What is the build date for yours?

There are 2 different sensors from front to rear and 2 different sensors depending on build date. This is assuming yours in not California spec.

LH (radiator) are
89465‑06080 03/2001 - 03/2002
89465‑06100 04/2002 - 06/2002

RH (firewall) are
89465‑33310 03/2001 - 12/2001
89465‑33350 01/2002 - 06/2002

California Spec is
89467‑33030 LH
89467‑41030 RH

I'm not sure if any of those numbers have superceded but if you bought the wrong sensor the wiring will be the wrong length (too short would be a problem) and there is a small possibility sensor readings will be off (very small chance) if sensors are designed different.

Reactions: Donald E. George
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.