Toyota Nation Forum banner

airbag position sensor

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  fatngs 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm thinking about replacing my rock hard 2004 OEM power seats with some euro type, perhaps Audi/VW power seats. Only doing the driver's side and then putting on some seat covers to make the passenger side match. I'm planning on making my own adapters to be able to bolt it down the floor and making some pigtails to run the power to the seat.

My question is the driver's side seat has an airbag position sensor. Do I need to mount that in the replacement seat or can I just fix it in position in the vicinity and call it good?

Thanks

#2 ·
im not sure about the position sensor, but i can tell you '04 and up camry's have weight sensors in the passenger seat to detect if someone is in the seat...... this determines whether to deploy the airbag or not depending on weight

if the plug is left unconnected the airbag light will illuminate and the airbags are disabled

#3 ·
Hi Folks,

I'm thinking about replacing my rock hard 2004 OEM power seats with some euro type, perhaps Audi/VW power seats. Only doing the driver's side and then putting on some seat covers to make the passenger side match. I'm planning on making my own adapters to be able to bolt it down the floor and making some pigtails to run the power to the seat.

My question is the driver's side seat has an airbag position sensor. Do I need to mount that in the replacement seat or can I just fix it in position in the vicinity and call it good?

Thanks
I don't think the driver's seat has a sensor for the air bag but I could be mistaken. Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.